To show a hidden cutting line, right-click on the section view and click Show Section Line. Use the section view sketch mode in conjunction with the section tool user interface to create both section views and aligned section views. You can create a rotated section view by overlaying sketches on a view.
How do you show a section line in a drawing?
To draw section lines,
- Click Annotation and then, in the Setup group, click the arrow next to Dep View.
- Click Create Section View. The Section View dialog box opens.
- Select the parent view in the viewport to activate the Section Line button.
What is a section view?
What is a section view? A sectional view or a section looks inside an object. Sections are used to clarify the interior construction of a part that cannot be clearly described by hidden lines in exterior views. … The unwanted portion is mentally discarded exposing the interior construction.
What are the 7 types of section views?
Types of Sectional Views
- Full Section. If the imaginary cutting plane passes through the entire object, splitting the drawn object in two with the interior of the object revealed, this is called a “full section.” A full section is the most widely-used sectional view.
- Half View. …
- Offset View. …
- Revolving View. …
- Broken View.
How do you change the size of a section view in Solidworks?
Editing Existing Section Views with Section View Assist
- Right-click on an existing section view or its cutting line and click Edit Cutting Line. For some complex section views created with SOLIDWORKS 2013, you must select an insertion point before you can modify them.
- On the Section view pop-up, click an offset.
- Click .
How do you move a section view in Solidworks?
To move a drawing view, use one of the following methods:
- Click and drag an entity (including edges, vertices, cosmetic threads, and so on). …
- Select a drawing view, then move (nudge) it with the arrow keys. …
- Press Alt, place the pointer anywhere in the view, and drag the view.
When and why is a section view necessary?
In which case, the direction of sight is towards one half of the object. The other half is then mentally discarded. Drafters use sectional views to improve the clarity of complex objects when internal surfaces result in too many hidden lines. Special conventions are used to make a sectional view easy to understand.