To select everything in the graphics area: Click Edit > Select All, or press Ctrl+A. To limit the selection to specific entities in a part, pre-select one or more entities in the graphics area. For example, pre-select an edge and a vertex to limit the selection to all edges and vertices.
How do you select multiple dimensions in Solidworks?
You can also set multiple dimensions to driven in the Dimension PropertyManager by clicking the Other tab, expanding Options, and selecting Driven.
How do you control dimensions in Solidworks?
To control dimensions with the context toolbar:
- Create a sketch with two lines.
- Ctrl + select two lines.
- On the context toolbar, click Make Parallel .
- Ctrl + select the two lines and select Auto Insert Dimension on the context toolbar.
- In the Modify dialog box, type a dimension.
- Click .
How do I change the selection in Solidworks?
- Click Options or Tools > Options.
- Click Selection.
- Select from the options described below, then click OK.
How do you select all lines in Solidworks?
USING SELECT ALL AND SELECTION FILTER TOGETHER IN SOLIDWORKS
- We want to select all of the surfaces in a quick efficient way. …
- Now that we’re only able to select surfaces/faces we’ll go to Edit > Select All (Ctrl+A). …
- Using the Knit Surface feature can be used to combine our many surfaces into one surface body.
How do you see which drawing view is active?
An active view is used to create sketch geometry and annotations that will become attached to the view. An active view is shown with a gray box around the view boundary. An example of a selected view is shown in Figure 3.
Is it possible to edit every dimension on a profile at the same time in Catia?
This task shows you how to quickly edit all or some dimensional constraints contained in a sketch. Using the new Edit Multi-Constraint capability, the sketch behavior differs: the constraints values you modify are evaluated at the same time once you have click OK in the dialog box. …
How do you set dimensions in Solidworks?
To configure a dimension:
- Select a feature, sketch, or mate in the FeatureManager design tree to make its dimensions visible in the graphics area.
- In the graphics area, right-click a dimension and click Configure Dimension .
- In the Modify Configurations dialog box, you can: Create new configurations.
How do you select in Solidworks?
To access selection options, click the Select down arrow and choose an option on the Select flyout menu. In parts and assemblies, you can open the selection context toolbar by right-clicking in empty space in the graphics area. To select multiple items, hold down Ctrl while selecting.
How do you select an object in Solidworks?
In SOLIDWORKS, you can select objects as follows:
- Click objects in the graphics area.
- Press Ctrl while clicking to select more than one object.
- Drag the pointer from left to right to define a box selection or from right to left to define a cross selection.
Which of the following signify that a sketch is fully defined?
Which of the following signify that a sketch is fully defined? All lines are black. If you select a face to draw a sketch, the sketch entities cannot extend beyond the edges of that face.
How do you select all bodies in Solidworks?
Click Edit > Select All, or press Ctrl+A.
How do you select edges in Solidworks?
To manually select each edge: Right-click and select Clear Selections. Select an edge. In the graphics area a red arrow appears at the endpoint of the edge and indicates a possible next edge, and selection tools appear in the PropertyManager.
How do you select two points in Solidworks?
Shift + select the first quadrant of the arc and select the center or the second quadrant. You do not need to hold down the Shift key once you select a quadrant of an arc to start a dimension.