If you want to reuse the original sketch in another feature, simply make the sketch visible. When editing the sketch you can add contours and use them in the existing features and add new features to the new sketch entries.
Can you copy and paste a sketch in Solidworks?
You can copy an entire sketch and paste it on a face in the current part, or you can paste it into a different sketch, or into a part, assembly, or drawing document. Click in the sketch or document where you want to paste the center of the sketch. … Click Edit > Paste or press Ctrl+V.
Can you save a sketch in Solidworks?
Saving a Sketch to a Block File
To save a sketch to a block file: Create a sketch. Click Save Sketch as Block (Blocks toolbar) or Tools > Blocks > Save .
How do I move a sketch from one part to another in Solidworks?
Hold down Shift while dragging the sketch entity. Move a sketch entity between different documents (the second document must have an open sketch). Hold down Ctrl and drag the sketch entity into the second document. Release Ctrl, hold down Shift, and drop the sketch entity.
How do I import a sketch into Solidworks?
To import a drawing into a part document:
- Open the drawing (. dwg or . …
- In the DXF/DWG Import dialog box, select Import to a new part and click Next.
- On the Drawing Layer Mapping tab, edit the sheet name and click Next.
- On the Document Settings tab, select Import this sheet and to a 2D sketch.
- Click Finish.
Can you mirror a sketch in Solidworks?
Mirroring Sketch Entities as You Sketch Them
(Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Dynamic Mirror . Symmetry symbols appear at both ends of the line or edge. Create the sketch entities that you want to mirror. The entities are mirrored as you sketch them.
How do I copy and paste a sketch in AutoCAD to Solidworks?
To copy and paste entities from AutoCAD to a SOLIDWORKS drawing document:
- In AutoCAD, open a DXF or DWG file. This example shows a DWG file. …
- In SOLIDWORKS, open the SOLIDWORKS drawing document into which you want to paste the entities. …
- Click Edit > Paste to paste the entities onto the active sheet.
How do I save a sketch as DXF in Solidworks?
Exporting Drawings as DXF or DWG
- Click File > Save As.
- In the dialog box, for Save as type, select DXF or DWG.
- Click Options.
- Set options and click OK. …
- In the Save As dialog box, type the filename and click Save.
- If the SOLIDWORKS to DXF/DWG Mapping dialog box appears, specify mapping options and click OK.
Where are solidworks blocks stored?
This can be any location you desire, However, the default path for the SOLIDWORKS Design Library is CProgramDataSOLIDWORKSSOLIDWORKS 20XXDesign Library. For this example, I have created a new folder called Blocks within the Design Library folder.
What is a derived sketch in Solidworks?
Derives a sketch from another sketch that belongs to the same part, or derives a sketch from another sketch in the same assembly. When you derive a sketch from an existing sketch, you are assured that the two sketches will retain the characteristics that they share in common.
What is the command to move a sketch onto a different plane?
In a part or assembly file, use Redefine to move a sketch to a different plane. To move a sketch to a planar face or work plane, in the browser, right-click the sketch, and click Redefine. You can use constraints and dimensions to position it, and modify its size.
How do you change the plane of sketch in Solidworks?
To change the plane of a sketch:
- Select the sketch in the FeatureManager design tree, and click Edit, Sketch Plane. – or – …
- Select a new plane in the FeatureManager design tree or select a new planar face in the model for Sketch Plane/Face .
- Click OK .
Can solidworks read DXF files?
You can import . dxf and . dwg files to the SOLIDWORKS software by creating a new SOLIDWORKS drawing, or by importing the file as a sketch in a new part. … In the DXF/DWG Import Wizard, select an import method, and then click Next to access Drawing Layer Mapping and Document Settings.
How do I convert 2D to 3D in Solidworks?
2D to 3D Conversion Overview
- In a part document, import a drawing into a sketch or construct a new sketch.
- Edit the sketch.
- Extract sketches for views from the Front, Top, and so on. The sketches fold up into the appropriate orientation.
- Align the sketches.
- Extrude the base feature.
- Cut or extrude other features.
How do I get DraftSight for free?
Here’s a step-by-step on how to access the full free version of DraftSight 2019:
- Go to the DraftSight download page.
- Click the download button for Windows 64-bit or Windows 32-bit.
- Read and agree to the DraftSight License and Subscription Service Agreement.
- Once you agree, the program will automatically start to download.