How do you make a forming tool in SOLIDWORKS?
To create forming tools:
- Create a part to use as a forming tool. …
- Click Forming Tool. …
- In the PropertyManager, on the Type tab: …
- Select the Insertion Point tab.
- Use dimensions and relations tools to define the insertion point. …
- Click .
Where is forming tools in SOLIDWORKS?
The SOLIDWORKS software includes some sample forming tool parts to get you started. They are stored in:
What is a forming tool?
1 or form tool : a tool or machine accessory so shaped that it imparts a predetermined contour or profile to the work. 2 : a pair of light tongs with broad flat ends used in manipulating and shaping softened glass.
How do you use forming tools?
Click Forming Tool (Sheet Metal toolbar) or Insert > Sheet Metal > Forming Tool. In the PropertyManager, on the Type tab: Select a face as the Stopping Face. Select one or more faces as the Faces to Remove.
Save the part as a forming tool:
- Click File > Save As.
- For Save as type, select Form Tool (*. sldftp).
- Click OK.
How do you use the sheet metal tool in SOLIDWORKS?
To convert a solid part to a sheet metal part:
- Create the solid part.
- Click Convert to Sheet Metal (Sheet Metal toolbar) or Insert > Sheet Metal > Convert To Sheet Metal .
- In the PropertyManager, under Sheet Metal Gauges, set options if you want to use a gauge table: …
- Under Sheet Metal Parameters:
How do I change forming tools in Solidworks?
Press Ctrl + the spin box arrows to adjust the forming tool in 45º increments. You can edit the angle in the PropertyManager or when editing the profile sketch.
How do I open the library in Solidworks?
To add the Design Library folder to your file locations, go to Tools -> Options -> System Options -> File Locations -> Design Libraryand click the Add button. Browse to the correct path and click OK. You can also add the file location in the Task Pane by clicking the Add File Location icon.
How do you add a louver in Solidworks?
Example of Creating a Louver
- Create a base extrude on which to create the louver. …
- Sketch and dimension a layout sketch to provide a basis for the louver. …
- Sketch and extrude the louver profile.
- Create two revolved bosses to round out the louver.
- Add a fillet around the bottom edge of the louver.