Gathers all related files for a model design (parts, assemblies, drawings, references, design tables, Design Binder content, decals, appearances, and scenes, and SOLIDWORKS Simulation results) into a folder or zip file.
How do I save a SOLIDWORKS file as a zip file?
Saving Files as Zip Files
- Click File > Save As.
- Set Save as type to eDrawings Zip Files (*. zip).
- Select from the export options.
- Type the File name, then click Save.
How do I compress a SOLIDWORKS file?
Highly Compressed Graphics Files
- With a SOLIDWORKS part or assembly document open, click File > Save As.
- In the dialog box, set Save as type to HCG (*. hcg).
- Type the file name in the File name box, and click Save.
How do I send a SOLIDWORKS file?
To mail an assembly or drawing to another computer:
- Click File > Send To.
- In the dialog box, select one of the following: Name of the current document only. …
- Click OK.
- Type your mail password, the mailing address, and any other information required by your mail application.
You can share files from SOLIDWORKS Manage with anyone, even if they do not have SOLIDWORKS Manage installed. To share a file, right-click and select Share.
How do I email a SOLIDWORKS file?
Just hover over “SOLIDWORKS” and select “Pack and Go” from the menu that appears. It can also be launched from within SOLIDWORKS under the “File” menu. If you plan on emailing your copied files, it is recommended to use the “Save to Zip file” option, which you can find in the Pack and Go dialog box.
How do I reduce the size of a STP file?
- encase the cad model in a simple cube. After transferring, delete the cube.
- Zip, rar, or otherwise compress the file.
- Span the file across multiple smaller files (zip and rar support spanning)
- Create a 2D drawing and send it as a small PDF file. 1 0. Autonomous Robot 27 Aug, 2019 10:48 PM.
How do I zip a step file?
To zip (compress) a file or folder
- Locate the file or folder that you want to zip.
- Press and hold (or right-click) the file or folder, select (or point to) Send to, and then select Compressed (zipped) folder. A new zipped folder with the same name is created in the same location.
Can you email STEP files?
According to SOLIDWORKS, any e-mail system which is MAPI compliant will work with the File – Send to option. The most common example is Microsoft Outlook. If you do not have a MAPI compliant email system on your computer, the File – Send to option will not be available under the File pull down menu.
Which choice is not a standard 3D view in SOLIDWORKS?
Question: Which choice is NOT a standard 3D view in SOLIDWORKS? isometric dimetric oblique trimetric.
Can multiple people work on Solidworks at the same time?
Options. In Tools > Options > System Options > Collaboration: Enable the multi-user environment. Enable Add shortcut menu items for multi-user environment menu items so that you can select options Make Read-Only and Get Write Access on shortcut menus.
How does collaboratively work in Solidworks?
To set collaboration options: Click Options on the Standard toolbar, or click Tools > Options. Select Collaboration. Click Reset to restore factory defaults for all system options or only for options on this page.