How do I show the Sheet Metal toolbar in SOLIDWORKS?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars:
- Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name.
- Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
What is the K factor in sheet metal?
K-Factor is a ratio that represents the location of the neutral sheet with respect to the thickness of the sheet metal part. When you select K-Factor as the bend allowance, you can specify a K-Factor bend table.
Is solidworks good for sheet metal?
SOLIDWORKS 3D Design gives you the flexibility to produce sheet metal part designs quickly and cost effectively, the sheet metal feature speeds up the design process whilst reducing time and development cost and increasing productivity.
What is the minimum bend radius for sheet metal?
We recommend a minimum bend radius of 1t for all sheet metal parts. Thus the smallest radius of any bend in a sheet should be at least equal to the thickness of the sheet. For example, if the thickness of the sheet is 1 mm, the minimum bend radius should be 1 mm.
How do you flatten Sheet Metal in Solidworks?
To flatten a body, do one:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, select the part and click Flatten (Sheet Metal toolbar).
- In the cut list, right-click the body and click Flatten .
- In either the FeatureManager design tree or the cut list, right-click the Flat-Pattern feature for the part and click Unsuppress .
How do I add a Sheet Metal to Solidworks 2019?
Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name. Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
What is the sheet metal process?
Sheet metal processing is a broad concept that covers a large number of machining operations applied to metal sheets. It is often done on behalf of diverse industrial manufacturing companies, who then incorporate the processed sheet material into their own production lines.