BIM 360 Design local files: C:Users%username%AppDataLocalAutodeskRevitAutodesk Revit 2019CollaborationCache. This is where the “Local” file is saved for a BIM 360 Design project.
Does BIM 360 save a local file?
Other project members will have access to open and edit this file. All changes will be saved back to that file on the cloud. The local file will still be saved on your computer. Your model is saved to your BIM 360 project on the cloud.
Where does Revit save my local files?
When working on Collaboration for Revit files, local copies are saved at the following file path: C:Users%USERNAME%AppDataLocalAutodeskRevit<Autodesk Revit Version>CollaborationCache.
How do I access BIM 360 files?
With Desktop Connector for BIM 360, you can navigate and open files locally that are stored in the Document Management module.
Navigate Accounts and Projects
- Open File Explorer.
- Click the BIM 360 data source.
- Open the account you wish to access.
- Locate and open a project.
- Browse the project folders as desired.
How do I open a local file in Revit?
- Click File tab Open.
- In the Open dialog, navigate to the folder where the central model resides and select it. To navigate to a central model that is connected to the Revit Server: …
- Under Worksharing, verify that Create New Local is selected. …
- Click Open.
Where are local files saved?
You can check where your local files folder is by following these steps: Click in the top-right corner of the app and select Settings. Scroll down to Local Files. You’ll now see the name/path of the folder(s) where your local files are stored.
How do I download a BIM 360 model?
To download an individual model, in the BIM 360 toolbar, click Models. In the Models module, make your selection, and click +Download. To download a merged model, in the BIM 360 toolbar, click Models. In the Models module, make your selection, and click More Actions Download.
How do I find old Revit files?
Start Revit. Click Collaborate tab Synchronize panel (Restore Backup). In the Browse for Folder dialog, navigate to the copy of the backup folder for the central model (created in step 2), and click Open. If a dialog displays the message “Can’t find project file <file_name>.
How do I recover unsaved files in Revit?
Find the current . rvt file in the windows folder, right-click, go to Properties, Previous Versions, and see if there are any there. If so, you can restore the latest version from there.
How do I save a local copy of Revit?
Click File tab Save As (Project). In the Save As dialog, rename the file, and click Options. In the File Save Options dialog, select Make this a Central Model after save. Select a default workset for local copies.
How do I install BIM 360 files?
To Install BIM 360 Add-Ins
- Click Profile menu Downloads to launch the Autodesk BIM 360 Add-in apps download page.
- Click the appropriate add-in app for your authoring software, and click Save.
- Open the folder where you saved the add-in and unzip it.
How do I open BIM 360 files in Revit 2020?
Starting with Revit 2020, there is a new way for BIM 360 Design users to initiate workshared cloud models.
- Create a new Revit model or open an existing model.
- Use the Collaborate tab to enable worksets.
- Save the workshared file to BIM 360 Document Management by selecting “Save As > Cloud Model” in the File menu.
Does BIM 360 come with Revit?
BIM Collaborate Pro, previously BIM 360 Design, includes all BIM Collaborate features plus real-time co-authoring, and is for design authors who require anytime, anywhere co-authoring access in Revit, Civil 3D, and AutoCAD Plant 3D.