Suppose you use AutoCAD to generate a DWG file that contains external references (xrefs). When you import or link the DWG file, Revit displays the geometry from the nested xrefs.
What is xref used for?
In AutoCAD, xref is a shortened term for “external references”. As the name indicates, the xref feature allows you to attach external references to your drawing. External references can be in the format of other drawings, PDFs, images, point cloud data, and so on.
What does it mean when an xref is unresolved?
Causes: The xref is nested and the parent file has changed. The drive letter where the xrefs are stored has changed. The actual xref file was deleted or moved.
Can I open DWG file in Revit?
Revit supports the import of ACIS objects contained in DWG, DXF, DGN, and SAT files. You can incorporate a Trimble® SketchUp® design into a Revit project to provide a starting point for the building model.
Can you import DWG into Revit?
You can import data from other CAD programs into a Revit model. Supported CAD formats include AutoCAD (DWG and DXF), MicroStation® (DGN), Trimble® SketchUp® (SKP and DWG), SAT, and 3DM (Rhinoceros®). When you import a file, the format of the imported file may support varying qualities of geometry.
Why can I not detach XREF?
Causes: The Xref is a nested XREF. The Xref is on a locked layer. The Xref has been defined within a block in the drawing.
How do you do XREF?
Attach an Xref
- Click Insert tab Reference panel Attach. Find.
- In the Select Reference File dialog box, select one or more files you want to attach and then click Open.
- In the Attach External Reference dialog box, under Reference Type, select Attachment.
- Specify the insertion point, scale, and rotation angle. …
- Click OK.
Can you explode an xref?
You cannot explode an xref, however, you can explode a block. First convert the xref into a block by binding it to the drawing then explode it. No way to explode xref.
How do you bind an xref to draw?
To Bind an Xref to the Current Drawing
- Click Insert tab Reference panel Dialog box launcher. Find.
- In the External References palette, select the reference name that you want to bind.
- Right-click, and click Bind.
- In the Bind Xrefs dialog box, select one of the following options: …
- Click OK to close each dialog box.
How do you convert blocks to XREF?
In the External References palette, select the reference name that you want to bind. Right-click, and click Bind. In the Bind Xrefs dialog box, select one of the following options: Bind converts the objects in the xref into a block reference.
How do you clear an xref in AutoCAD?
- Click View tab Palettes panel External References. Find.
- In the External Reference palette, select a DWG reference.
- Right-click the selected DWG reference and select Detach from the shortcut menu.
How do I get rid of xref in AutoCAD?
To delete an Xref completely from your drawing, select Detach from the contextual menu of the External References palette.
If there are no such objects, use the LAYDEL command to delete the layers:
- Enter LAYDEL on the command line.
- Click Name or enter N.
- Select the Layer and click OK to delete it.
How do I fix an xref path in AutoCAD?
To Change the Path of a DWG Reference
- Click View tab Palettes panel External References Palette. Find.
- In the External References palette, select a DWG reference name.
- Under Saved Path, do one of the following: Edit the xref path directly. …
- Click OK.