The SOLIDWORKS Application Programming Interface (API) is a COM programming interface to the SOLIDWORKS software. Functions in the API provide programmers with direct access to SOLIDWORKS functionality.
How do I run API in Solidworks?
Search ‘Run SOLIDWORKS Macro’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
To run a macro:
- SOLIDWORKS 2018 offers Visual Studio Tools for Applications (VSTA).
- Click Run Macro on the Macro toolbar, or click Tools > Macro > Run.
- In the dialog, locate the macro (. swp or . dll) file that you want to run and click Open.
What language does Solidworks API use?
The programming languages most commonly used are: Visual Basic . NET (VB.NET) Visual C++/CLI.
Can you code in Solidworks?
You can use any programming language that supports COM to create SOLIDWORKS standalone API (.exe files) and add-in (. dll files) applications. The programming languages most commonly used are: Visual Basic .
What is PDM solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS PDM (Product Data Management) is a cloud-based suite of applications to manage product design data and documents, allowing easier collaboration and increased productivity.
How do I create a macro in Solidworks?
To record a macro:
- Click Record/Pause Macro. (Macro toolbar) or Tools > Macro > Record.
- Perform the steps you want to record. …
- When you are done, click Stop Macro. …
- In the dialog box, type a name for File name and click Save.
How do I open a SWP file in SOLIDWORKS?
swp file (You will have to unzip it if it comes that way) and drag and drop it into the blank SOLIDWORKS program. The second way is to start SOLIDWORKS and go to TOOL>Macros>RUN. Then go select your file and open it.
What is VBA SOLIDWORKS?
Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) is the engine that records, runs, or edits macros in SOLIDWORKS. Recorded macros are saved as . swp VBA project files. You can read and edit . … You can use VBA to create forms and to provide more user interaction with your recorded macros.
How do you break a line in SOLIDWORKS?
To create a broken view:
- Select a drawing view and click Break (Drawing toolbar) or click Insert, Drawing View, Break.
- Set options in the PropertyManager: Add vertical break line. Add horizontal break line. Gap size. Sets the amount of space between the gap. Break line style . Defines the type of break line.
What are the types of API?
Multiple web APIs can be combined into a composite API – a collection of data or service APIs.
- Open APIs. Open APIs, also known as external or public APIs, are available to developers and other users with minimal restrictions. …
- Internal APIs. …
- Partner APIs. …
- Composite APIs. …
- REST. …
- JSON-RPC and XML-RPC. …
How do I use an API?
Start Using an API
- Most APIs require an API key. …
- The easiest way to start using an API is by finding an HTTP client online, like REST-Client, Postman, or Paw. …
- The next best way to pull data from an API is by building a URL from existing API documentation.