There are 2 types of dimensions: Temporary dimensions are the measurements that display in the drawing as you place elements or sketch lines, or when you select an element. … Permanent dimensions are measurements that you add to drawings to document the design. They are view-specific, and they print on sheets.
What is activate dimensions in Revit?
When you select multiple elements in Revit, temporary dimensions and constraints do not display. Use the Activate Dimensions option to display them. … On the Options Bar, click Activate Dimensions. Note: System performance can significantly increase when the temporary dimensions and constraints are not displayed.
How do you dimension a floor plan in Revit?
Open project GSG_11_dimensions. rvt. Verify that the 01 – Store Floor floor plan is open. Click Annotate tab Dimension panel (Aligned).
- Click the exterior face of the west wall.
- Click the exterior face of the east wall.
- Move the cursor above the building, and click to place the dimension.
How do I change dimension in Revit?
Change a Dimension Value
- Select an element that the dimension references.
- Click the dimension value. If the dimension is locked, the lock control appears next to it. …
- In the edit box, type a new value for the dimension, and press Enter . The element moves to satisfy the new dimension requirement.
What is Revit temporary dimension?
Temporary dimensions snap to the nearest perpendicular element and adjust by a defined value. You can define the snap increment. … After you place the element, Revit displays the temporary dimensions. When you place another element, the temporary dimensions for the previous element no longer display.
What is Revit used for?
Revit is used to coordinate all data inputs (including CAD) and produce federated project deliverables. Both programs are often used within the same firm, with BIM and CAD specialists working on different elements of a project.
How do you keep dimensions in Revit?
On the Annotate tab, select the Aligned dimension tool. On the Options Bar, the placement settings specify which part of the walls you want to dimension from and to – in this case, Wall faces. When the cursor is moved over a wall face, it is highlighted, and you click to select it.
How can you turn a temporary dimensions permanent in Revit?
When you select multiple elements in Revit, temporary dimensions and constraints do not display. Use the Activate Dimensions option to display them. You can convert temporary dimensions to permanent dimensions so they always appear in a drawing.
How do you use temporary dimensions in Revit?
When you select multiple elements in REVIT Architecture, temporary dimensions and constraints do not display.
Procedure To Specify Temporary Dimensions Settings:
- Click Manage tab -> Settings button -> Temporary Dimensions.
- From the Temporary Dimension Properties dialog, select the appropriate settings.
- Click OK.
How can you turn a temporary dimension into a permanent dimension?
You can convert temporary dimensions to permanent dimensions so they always appear in a drawing.
- Select an element in the drawing area.
- Click the dimension symbol that appears near the temporary dimension.