In Fusion 360, a project is a shared workspace for teams of people working together on a project to store, organize, and manage all related design data. Projects let you control who has access to specific design data.
How do you name a project in Fusion 360?
Welcome to the Fusion 360 Community! If you expand your Data Panel within Fusion 360, this should give you your full list of projects. If you go to the main project screen where it lists them all, you should be able to right-click the Project name and have the option to Rename the project or to Archive it.
In Fusion 360
In the Data Panel projects page, click the New Project button. Specify a name for the project and press Enter. Double-click the project name to open it in the Data Panel.
How do you create a folder in Fusion 360?
In Fusion Team
- Navigate to the Project or Folder where you want to create a new Folder.
- Click the down arrow on the New Button.
- Enter the new folder name.
- Click Create.
How do I rename a folder in Fusion 360?
How to rename a project/folder/file in Fusion 360
- Right click on the desired Project, Folder, or File that needs to be renamed.
- Click rename.
- Click enter.
How do I manage projects in Fusion 360?
To access all of the Data within your current project, simply click Data on the left hand side of A360. You’ll now see a list of all of the Data in this current project! You can perform common commands such as export, share, copy, etc., and you can even create folders to better organize your designs.
How do I start a new project on Fusion 360?
You can create a project from the Data Panel by clicking on the New Project button and giving your project a name.
Why can’t I create a new project in Fusion 360?
Verify that the user is an administrator of the current Hub: If the Team Hub was created by someone else, and the current user is a member, they may not have permission to create a new project or save files in the current folder. Verify with the Team Hub owner that the user has privileges to create projects.
How do I move files between projects Fusion 360?
To move individual files between projects:
- Expand the Data Panel and navigate to the file.
- Right-click and select Move.
- A window will appear providing a choice of destinations for the file.
- Select the destination and click Move. The screencast below shows these steps.
Where in fusion 360would you create a new project?
1. Where in Fusion 360 would you create a new project? In the File menu. In the Data Panel.
How do I rename a file in BIM 360?
Rename a file or folder
Hover over the file or folder you want to rename. Click the drop-down button > Rename.