The 3D part is the basic building block of the SOLIDWORKS mechanical design software. Use the Material dialog box to create and edit custom materials or libraries, to apply materials, or to establish material favorites. Materials encapsulate the physical characteristics of a part or part body.
What are parts in Solidworks?
A single 3D object made up of features. A part can become a component in an assembly, and it can be represented in 2D in a drawing. Examples of parts are bolt, pin, plate, and so on. The extension for a SOLIDWORKS part file name is .
What are blocks in Solidworks?
You can make, save, edit, and insert blocks for drawing items and sketch entities that you use often, such as standard notes, title blocks, label positions, and so on. You can attach blocks to geometry or to drawing views, and you can insert them into sheet formats.
Where are solidworks blocks stored?
This can be any location you desire, However, the default path for the SOLIDWORKS Design Library is CProgramDataSOLIDWORKSSOLIDWORKS 20XXDesign Library. For this example, I have created a new folder called Blocks within the Design Library folder.
How do you make a block in Solidworks?
To make blocks:
- Create a sketch.
- Click Make Block. (Blocks toolbar) or Tools > Block > Make . …
- Select the sketch entities you want to make as a block for Block Entities.
- Click .
- Repeat steps 2-4 for each of the remaining sketch entities.
- With the sketch in edit mode, add the necessary relations.
- Save the part.
How do you separate parts in Solidworks?
To split bodies:
- Click Split (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
- In the PropertyManager, set the options. …
- Under Resulting Bodies, select the bodies to save under , or click Auto-assign Names. …
- Double-click the body name under File, type a name for the new part in the dialog box, then click Save. …
- Click .
What are the parts of features?
Features include datums, extrusions, holes, rounds, chamfers, surface features, cuts, patterns, sweeps, and so on. You can have multiple features in a part.
How do you make a block sketch?
Create Sketch Blocks
- In a 2D part sketch, click Sketch tab Layout panel Create Block . …
- In the graphics window, select the geometry to include in the block: …
- (Optional) In the Create Block dialog box, enter a Block Name and Description. …
- In the Create Block dialog box, click Select under Insert Point.
How do I edit a block in Solidworks?
To edit a block:
- Right-click the sketch and select Edit Sketch.
- Expand the folder to display the blocks.
- Select a block and click Edit Block. …
- Make changes to the block, and click the block confirmation corner.
How do you make a block drawing?
Select a block in your current drawing. Click Insert tab Block Definition panel Write Block. Find At the Command prompt, enter wblock. Also, the Write Block tool is available from the same drop-down as the Create Block tool.
How do you layout in SolidWorks?
To create a layout:
- Open a new assembly.
- In the Begin Assembly PropertyManager, click Create Layout. A 3D sketch opens, and Layout appears in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Create sketch entities and group related entities into blocks.
- Close the blocks and the sketch.
Where is design library SolidWorks?
The Design Library folder is located on the disk in install_directoryDocuments and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataSOLIDWORKSSOLIDWORKS_versiondesign library.
How do I save a sketch as DXF in SolidWorks?
Exporting Drawings as DXF or DWG
- Click File > Save As.
- In the dialog box, for Save as type, select DXF or DWG.
- Click Options.
- Set options and click OK. …
- In the Save As dialog box, type the filename and click Save.
- If the SOLIDWORKS to DXF/DWG Mapping dialog box appears, specify mapping options and click OK.