Promote references to independent objects. A promoted reference becomes an independent object, and is no longer automatically updated if the original source is edited.
Can you promote a corridor?
To promote all references in a drawing
Note: Corridor references cannot be promoted.
How do you reference data shortcuts in Autocad?
In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, right-click Data Shortcuts Create Data Shortcuts. In the Create Data Shortcuts dialog box, select any objects to be referenced in other drawings, and then click OK. Now you can create references to the data shortcuts in other drawings.
How do you reference data in Civil 3d?
The shortcut created above can be Data Referenced in a new drawing.
Use the Data Shortcut as Data Reference in a new Drawing
- Select the “Test” surface.
- Right click.
- Select Create Reference.
- If desired, edit the style, layer, name, description, or render material.
- Press OK.
How do you create a reference in Autocad?
Attach an Xref
- Click Insert tab Reference panel Attach. Find.
- In the Select Reference File dialog box, select one or more files you want to attach and then click Open.
- In the Attach External Reference dialog box, under Reference Type, select Attachment.
- Specify the insertion point, scale, and rotation angle. …
- Click OK.
What are Civil 3d shortcuts?
Data shortcuts are stored in the _Shortcuts folder for the active project and are used to create data references to the source objects in other drawings. Each data shortcut is stored in a separate XML file.
How do data shortcuts work?
How to Setup and Create a Data Shortcut
- Step One: Setup a Working Folder. Click the Manage Tab and navigate to Set Working Folder. …
- Step Two: Set New Data Shortcuts Folder. Click the Manage Tab and navigate to New Shortcuts Folder. …
- Step Three: Creating the Data Shortcuts.
What are data shortcuts?
A data shortcut provides a direct path to the location of a shareable source object. In a single operation, you can create data shortcuts for multiple objects in a source drawing. The data shortcut is used only for the creation of data references.
What is the shortcut to delete data?
Removing a Data Shortcut
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the Data Shortcuts collection to find the shortcut you want to remove.
- Right-click the object and click Remove.
How do you reference data in a profile?
To create a reference to a data shortcut profile
Expand the parent alignment of the profile you want to reference. Right-click the desired profile, and then click Create Reference.
How do I load a surface in Civil 3d?
To Add Surface Data From a Point File
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, right-click , and click Add.
- In the Add Point File dialog box, select the format of the point file or click to create a point file format that describes the layout of the data in the point data file.
What is viewport AutoCAD?
Layout viewports are objects that display views of model space. You create, scale, and place them in paper space on a layout. On each layout, you can create one or more layout viewports. Each layout viewport is like a closed circuit TV monitor of a view of the model at a scale and orientation that you specify.
What is the difference between an attachment and an overlay in AutoCAD?
Attachment: Saves a copy of the xref drawing in your drawing. Overlay: Creates a link to the xref drawing in your drawing.