How do you cover an object in AutoCAD?
To Hide Objects
- Select the objects that you want to hide.
- Click <Object> tab General panel Isolate Objects drop-down Hide Objects.
- Tip: You can also use the icon in the drawing window status to hide objects.
How do you create a cover page in AutoCAD?
To Create a Cover Sheet
- On the Quick Access Toolbar, click Project Navigator .
- On the Sheets tab of Project Navigator, create a new sheet as shown in Creating a Sheet.
- Open the new sheet.
- If necessary, change the Sheets tab to Sheet Set View.
How do I mask an image in AutoCAD?
AutoCAD Raster Design toolset masks areas of the images that are outside the rectangle. Select the mask boundary, which corresponds to the rectangle that you drew.
- Select Enable Mask.
- Under Image(s) Outside the Image Mask, select Hide Image(s).
- Select Show Image Frame(s).
How do you remove objects from a selection set?
Turn off Shift+Left Click Image Select. If you’re inside a command, selecting objects, and at the Select Objects prompt, you can type R <enter> and you will be prompted to Remove Objects. This removes them from the selection set.
How do I create a layout in CAD?
How to Set Up a Layout in AutoCAD
- Click the desired layout tab.
- Click the Layout tab of the Ribbon menu. …
- In the Layout panel, click Page Setup. …
- Click New. …
- Type a suitable name and click OK. …
- Specify the printer you want to use, its paper size, and so on, but leave the Plot Area drop-down list set at Layout. …
- Click OK.
What is AutoCAD template?
A drawing template file is a drawing file that has been saved with a . dwt file extension, and it specifies the styles, settings, and layouts in a drawing, including title blocks. The default drawing template files are provided as samples.
What is title block in drawing?
The title block of a drawing, usually located on the bottom or lower right hand corner, contains all the information necessary to identify the drawing and to verify its validity. … These names can also help in the resolution of a discrepancy between the drawing and another source of information.
How do I create a mask block in AutoCAD?
To Add a Mask Block
- If you have created your own mask block definition, create a tool from it.
- If you are working with an existing mask block tool, open the palette it is located on. …
- Select the mask block tool on the palette.
- Specify the insertion point of the mask block. …
- Continue adding mask blocks, and press Enter.
What is the wipeout command in AutoCAD?
WIPEOUT command in AutoCAD is used to mask an area in a drawing. Whenever there are many complex parts in the drawing background and you need to hide them, you can employ the WIPEOUT command. … The WIPEOUT command employs a polygonal area that masks the objects in a selected region by applying the background color.
How do I add a background mask to a block in AutoCAD?
To Attach Mask Blocks to Objects
- Select the mask block or blocks that you want to attach to an object.
- Click Mask Block Reference tab Modify panel Attach Objects.
- Select the object that you want to mask.
- Select a display representation from the list of current display representations, and click OK.