To copy one or more sketch entities, select the entities, then click Edit > Copy or press Ctrl+C. Click in the graphics area, then click Edit > Paste or press Ctrl+V.
How do you copy multiples in Solidworks?
Copying Multiple Components
- In the FeatureManager design tree, Ctrl + select or Shift + select the components to copy.
- Ctrl + drag the selected components and drop them in the graphics area. New instances of the components are created.
How do I merge entities in Solidworks?
To add bodies together:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
Can I copy a feature in Solidworks?
To copy a feature: Click Instant3D on the Features toolbar. In the FeatureManager design tree, select the feature to copy. Hold down Ctrl and drag the feature to a location on the same face or a different face.
Can you mirror a sketch in Solidworks?
Mirroring Sketch Entities as You Sketch Them
(Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Dynamic Mirror . Symmetry symbols appear at both ends of the line or edge. Create the sketch entities that you want to mirror. The entities are mirrored as you sketch them.
How do you add multiple of the same component in Solidworks?
Under Part/Assembly to Insert, do one of the following:
- Ctrl + select several components from the list.
- Click Browse. In the dialog box, Ctrl + select several components and then click Open.
How do you move an object in Solidworks?
To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body: Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy . Specify parameters to move, copy, or rotate bodies. Apply mates between bodies.
How do you repeat an assembly in Solidworks?
To use the same mate reference for the next mate as used by the original component, under Mates in the PropertyManager, for the next listed mate, select Repeat. In this example, you select Repeat under the coincident mate. The copy of the selected component is added to the assembly.
How do I convert entities in Solidworks?
To convert an entity:
- In an open sketch, click a model edge, loop, face, curve, external sketch contour, set of edges, or set of curves. You can also click an entity after clicking the Convert Entities. …
- Click Convert Entities. …
- In the PropertyManager, click Select chain to convert all contiguous sketch entities. …
- Click .
How do you merge edges in Solidworks?
You can merge multiple edges into a single edge.
To heal edges:
- Click Heal Edges (Features toolbar) or Insert > Face > Heal Edges.
- In the PropertyManager, under Faces: Select the faces whose edges you want to heal for Face(s) to Heal . …
- Click Heal Edges. …
- Click .
How do I Group A sketch in Solidworks?
- In a drawing document, box-select or hold down Ctrl and select two or more annotations to group.
- Click Group. (Align toolbar), or click Tools > Align > Group > Group.
- Click an empty area of the drawing to clear all of the selections.
- Drag any annotation in the group.