I’ve been using Solidworks, which is renowned for it’s speed and efficiency. With that software, you can sketch two circles, select both of their center points, and then in the context sensitive popup menu select “Make Horizontal”. This will align the center points of the circles horizontally.
How do I align two points in SolidWorks?
To align sketches:
- Select a line or a point in a sketch to be aligned with another sketch.
- Hold Ctrl and select a line or a point in the second sketch to which the first sketch is to be aligned.
- Click Align Sketch (2D to 3D toolbar), or click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Sketch.
How do you fillet two circles in SolidWorks?
Select the edge, and go to Insert > Features > and select Fillet/Round. In the property manager under Fillet Type, click Constant Size Fillet. Next, under Items to Fillet, select both Tangent Propagation and Full Preview. Under Fillet Parameters, select Symmetric in the drop down list and then set the radius to 40 mm.
How do you align components in SolidWorks?
Align Components PropertyManager
- Add the component by dragging it in the graphics area.
- Right-click the component and click Align Components.
How do you center a circle in SolidWorks?
Make sure the Linear Center mark icon is selected under Manual Insert options section. Now scroll to the bottom of Center mark property manager and type in the value for the angle you want for center mark > hit enter. Click on the circular edges to add center marks.
How do you do arc tangent in Solidworks?
To sketch tangent arcs:
- Click Tangent Arc .
- Click. on the end point of a line, arc, ellipse, or spline.
- Drag the arc to the desired shape and release. SOLIDWORKS infers from the pointer motion whether you want a tangent or normal arc. …
- Click .
How do I change assembly in Solidworks?
Editing a Part in an Assembly
- Right-click the part and select Edit Part, or click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. …
- Make the necessary changes to the part.
How do I use profile Centermate in Solidworks?
Profile Center Mate
- In an assembly document with two rectangular or cylindrical profiles, click Mate .
- In the PropertyManager, under Advanced Mates, click Profile Center .
- For Entities to Mate, select the edges or faces that you want to center-align.
- In the PropertyManager, you can optionally:
How do you constrain parts in Solidworks assembly?
To define assembly constraints: Under Tolerance Assembly, select a part to constrain in the simplified assembly. For example, in the following two-part assembly, you selected the part with a boss as Base part in Assembly Sequence. Select the hole plate part to constrain it.
How do you find the center of a rectangle in Solidworks?
Sketching Center Rectangles
- Click Center Rectangle .
- In the graphics area: Click to define the center. Drag to sketch the rectangle with centerlines. Release to set the four edges.
- Click . Video: Sketching Center Rectangles.
What is a center mark?
Center marks are annotations that mark circle or arc centers and describe the geometry size on the drawing. With the Center Mark tool, you can create a center mark or a center point on circular edges. The center mark lines can be used as references for dimensioning. Example: Using Center Marks.