As installed, Revit provides several templates for different disciplines and types of building projects. The templates are stored in the following location: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%AutodeskRVT 2021Templates.
How do you add a template to Revit?
Location of project templates
- Create the project templates that you want to include in the list.
- Click File tab Options.
- Click the File Locations tab.
- Add one or more templates to the Project templates list, as follows: Click (Add Value). …
- Rearrange the list to put templates in the desired order.
What is a project template Revit?
Project templates provide initial conditions for a project. Several templates are provided with Revit Architecture, or you can create your own. … Start with a blank project file and specify all names for views, levels, and viewports. You can create a set of drawings by creating sheets and adding views to the sheets.
How do I create a template in Revit 2021?
Create a Project Template
- On the Home page, under Models, click New. …
- In the New Project dialog, under Template file, select: …
- Under Create new, select Project template.
- Click OK. …
- Define settings.
- Create any geometry that will be used as a base in future projects.
- Click File tab Save.
Where are my Revit families?
When trying to access Revit family files, you may encounter a problem locating the files. Issue: By default, family files are typically stored in a location like the following: C:ProgramDataAutodesk<product> <release>Libraries.
What are the different templates in Revit?
Use the default templates, or define custom templates to enforce office standards. A project template can include view templates, loaded families, defined settings (such as units, fill patterns, line styles, line weights, view scales, and more), and geometry, if desired.
How do I save a Revit project as a template?
- In Revit, click the File Ribbon tab, hover the mouse over New, and then select Project.
- If the desired template is not in the drop-down list of Project Templates, click Browse.
- In the Choose Template dialog box, navigate to the . rte file you’ve been working in.
- Click OK.
- The new “project” (. …
- Save the project.