Open the 3D Analyst drop-down menu > Convert > Features to 3D. Use the ‘contour’ field as the source of heights. Convert the 3D layer to points using the ArcToolbox > Data Management Tools > Features > Feature to Point tool. Use the Set CAD Alias tool to assign TxtValue to the field that contains the contour values.
How do you change contours in AutoCAD?
To Edit Contours
- Select the contour graphically or by using an AutoCAD command, such as PEDIT or PROPERTIES.
- Perform the edit to the contour. …
- Rebuild the surface to update the contour definition by right-clicking the surface in the Prospector tree and clicking Rebuild.
How do you show contour lines in AutoCAD?
To Add Contour Lines
- In Display Manager , right-click a surface layer, and select Create Contour Layer.
- In the Generate Contour dialog box, enter a name for the new Display Manager layer that will contain the contour lines.
How do I import contours into AutoCAD?
On the Modify | Edit Surface tab, click Tools panel Create From Import drop-down (Select Import Instance). Select the imported 3D contour data in the drawing area. The Add Points from Selected Layers dialog displays. Select the layers to which you want to apply elevation points, and click OK.
How do you export contour lines?
To export a contour lines object, right-click on the contour lines in the Cross Sections and Contours folder and select Export. Select whether or not to export the contours in 2.5D format, then click Export. You will be prompted for a filename and location.
What is a contour shape?
1 : an outline especially of a curving or irregular figure : shape the sleek contours of the car The map shows the contour of the coastline. also : the line representing this outline. 2 : the general form or structure of something : characteristic —often used in plural the contours of a melody…
How do you get contour lines from points?
You can create contour lines by clicking a point on a surface to create a single contour line that passes through it.
- In ArcMap or ArcScene, click the Create Contours button .
- Click the surface at the point where you want the contour.
How do you create a contour line?
Note: For 3D Analyst, navigate to System Toolboxes > 3D Analyst Tools > Raster Surface > Contours.
- Select the output from Step 1 as the input raster.
- Specify the name and location of the output polyline features.
- Set the contour interval value.
- Click OK.
What are contour lines in AutoCAD?
Contour lines are stored as new polyline or polygon features in an SDF file, and as a new layer in Display Manager. You can edit and style the contour lines as you do any other feature layer.
How do you use contours on Google Earth?
Open Google Earth. Click File | Open, select the KML file, and click Open. The contour map is loaded and displayed over the aerial photo. The color and transparency properties are retained.
How do you import contours into Civil 3D?
Right-click a contour operation in the list view and click Insert To Drawing. If the contour objects in the contour operation do not exist in the drawing, they are added to the drawing as polyline objects.
How do I export contour lines from GIS to CAD?
To export contours, you must ensure there exists a field titled ‘ELEVATION’ (Fields titled ELEV_FT, etc. will not work) in the attribute table. Right click on the contour layer, and click Open Attribute Table. If this field does not exist, click Options > Add Field. AutoCAD file will be saved.
How do you retain elevation values when converting from a shapefile to CAD?
- Open the attribute table of the shapefile, add a new field of type Double and name it ‘Elevation’.
- Calculate the Elevation field equal to the field within the attribute table that contains the elevation values. …
- Export the shapefile to CAD by navigating to ArcToolbox > Conversion Tools > To CAD > Export to CAD.