How do I compress a Solidworks file?
Highly Compressed Graphics Files
- With a SOLIDWORKS part or assembly document open, click File > Save As.
- In the dialog box, set Save as type to HCG (*. hcg).
- Type the file name in the File name box, and click Save.
How do I reduce the size of a part in Solidworks?
Scaling a Part
- In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale .
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
- Click. The geometry of the model increases or decreases in size according to the scaling factors and other options you set. The Scale feature scales only the geometry of the model.
How do I reduce the size of a STL file in Solidworks?
The command can be found in the Insert menu > Net > Reduce mesh object. Then select the file and choose the reduction as a percentage or by entering the target number of triangles. You can also reduce the triangles locally using the facets painter.
How do I make a file smaller so I can upload it?
Click the File menu beside the Home tab, and then choose Save as. 3. Choose your preferred file format and then click Save.
- Click the photo or open the photo.
- Under the Organize tab, choose Properties.
- Select a size and then click Resize and Save.
How do I reduce the size of a Catia file?
CATIA: Using the DMU Optimiser Tools to Reduce the Size of CGR Files
- Open or create a Product which contains the CGR file that needs to be reduced in size.
- Now Switch to DMU Optimizer workbench and open the wrapping command.
- You can manipulate the settings to modify how accurate you wish the model to be.
How big is the Solidworks file?
The download size for SOLIDWORKS Standard is typically 6-7GB, this could increase up to 12GB or more if you are running SOLIDWORKS Premium with Multi-Product add-ins.
What is the size of Solidworks software?
2GB free disk space; 5GB recommended.
How do I zip a step file?
To zip (compress) a file or folder
- Locate the file or folder that you want to zip.
- Press and hold (or right-click) the file or folder, select (or point to) Send to, and then select Compressed (zipped) folder. A new zipped folder with the same name is created in the same location.
How do you simplify a mesh in Solidworks?
To simplify the file:
- Set a value for Reduction amount (%) or for Target mesh size or point cloud size. …
- To simplify only a part of a mesh-based model, under Local Simplification, select a tool, select the area to simplify, and move the slider to adjust the simplification.
- Click .
Can you open STP files in Solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS 3D Interconnect can read STEP, IGES, and ACIS file formats. step; *. … stp).
How do reduce file size?
DOC and DOCX format
- Remove unnecessary images, formatting and macros.
- Save the file as a recent Word version.
- Reduce the file size of the images before they are added to the document.
- If it is still too large, save the file as a PDF.
How do I shrink a file?
Open that folder, then select File, New, Compressed (zipped) folder.
- Type a name for the compressed folder and press enter. …
- To compress files (or make them smaller) simply drag them into this folder.