How do you change decimal precision in SOLIDWORKS?
Trailing Zeroes can be customized in SOLIDWORKS for Dimensions, Tolerances, and Properties. This setting is available in parts, drawings, and assemblies and is found in Tools>Options>Document Properties>Dimensions>Zeroes>Trailing Zeroes. Show: Displays trailing zeroes at the number of decimal places for each dimension.
How do you set tolerances in SOLIDWORKS?
Click Tolerance in Tools > Options > Document Properties > Dimensions. In TolAnalyst, when a dimension is a callout with more than one value, you can select a value and edit it.
What is dual precision SOLIDWORKS?
Select the number of digits after the decimal point for the tolerance values for the secondary units. Link precisions with model. For imported dimensions, sets changes in unit or tolerance precision for the secondary units to be parametric with the model.
How do you increase precision in Solidworks?
To change the precision: Do one of the following: Click the arrow to the right of the column headers and click Unit Precision. Right-click any column header and click Unit Precision.
How do you permanently change units in Solidworks?
Setting Default Units Options
- Click Simulation > Options. …
- Under Unit system, select SI (International System of Units), English (U.S. Customary Unit System), or Metric (gravitational system of units).
- Under Units, select the desired units for Length/Displacement, Temperature, Angular velocity, and Pressure/Stress.
How do you change units to feet in SolidWorks?
In addition, SOLIDWORKS Imperial Dimensions can be shown in the form of feet and inches. To activate this capability, the same path as before should be taken but units must be set to ‘feet & inches‘ and then under more the Convert from 2′ and 4″ must be checked off.
How do I use GD&T in Solidworks?
To set geometric tolerance properties, do one of the following:
- For parts, click Geometric Tolerance (DimXpert toolbar) or Tools > DimXpert > Geometric Tolerance.
- For drawings, click Geometric Tolerance (Annotation toolbar) or Insert > Annotations > Geometric Tolerance.
How do you stop rounding in SolidWorks?
Click Tools > Options > Document Properties > Dimensions . In the Dimensions node and in any of the nodes under Dimensions, click Tolerance. In the Dimension Tolerance dialog box, under Dual dimension tolerance, select Inward rounding of secondary unit tolerance extents.