Where is the Snap tool in Catia?
Snap to Point
As you create geometry, points are forced to the intersection points of the grid. Note that this option is also available via Tools > Options> Mechanical Design> Drafting> General tab ( Snap to point check box).
How do I cut an assembly in Catia?
Creating an Assembly Cut
- Click Assembly Cut . …
- Select Create new 3DShape in the 3DShapes list and click OK. …
- Click OK in the 3D Shape / Representation DS dialog box.
- Select the geometry in the assembly where you want to create the split features. …
- Click OK in the Warning dialog box.
How do I turn off grid in Catia?
In case the grid spacing and graduations do not satisfy you, you can modify them in the Options dialog box as follows: Select Tools > Options … The Options dialog box opens. Select the Mechanical Design category in the left-hand box.
38 Shortcuts for CATIA V5
|Escape||Abort the current process or exit the current dialog box (when there is one)|
|F3||Structure tree out or insert (Toggle specification tree display on and off)|
|F10||Toggle Swap Visible Space|
|Shift+F1||Context assistance (Get help on toolbar icons)|
How do I get section view in Catia Drafting?
Creating a Section View
- Click the Drawing window, and click the Offset Section View icon. from the Views toolbar (Sections subtoolbar).
- Select the holes and points required for sketching the callout on the view. …
- Double-click to end the cutting profile creation.