Selection cycling allows you to select objects that are overlapping by pressing Shift + Spacebar. You can control whether a blue cursor icon displays to indicate overlapping objects and you can configure the display settings of the Selection list box.
How do I select a line behind another line in AutoCAD?
At the Select Objects prompt, hold down the Shift+Spacebar and click as near as possible to the object you want. Keep clicking until the object you want is highlighted. Once the object you require is highlighted, press Enter to select the object.
How do you select multiple items without shifting in AutoCAD?
How do you select multiple items without shifting in AutoCAD? Go to the File – Options and select the icon for multiple objects selection. Once ticked, you can slect the multiple objects without pressing and holding the shift key.
How do I select an object in a layer in AutoCAD?
How do you select everything on a layer? Ctrl-clicking or Command-clicking the layer thumbnail selects the nontransparent areas of the layer. To select all layers, choose Select > All Layers.
How do I get rid of overlapping lines in AutoCAD?
Solution: Select objects in a drawing (use CTRL-A to select everything) and then type OVERKILL on the command line. Click OK on the Delete Duplicate Objects dialog window, adjusting settings as desired (the default options are usually sufficient).
How do you set a selection in AutoCAD?
To Change Object Selection Settings
- Right-click in the drawing area, and choose Options.
- On the Selection tab, choose the settings you want. Among other settings, you can set. Whether objects to be selected are previewed during selection. Whether selected objects are highlighted.
How do you select all lines in AutoCAD?
To select all instances of a similar type in a drawing:
- Enter SELECTSIMILAR on the command line.
- Select one of each of the AutoCAD® or Civil 3D® objects that you want to select (for example, one Mtext object, one line, one alignment, and one parcel).
Can’t select multiple lines AutoCAD?
Hi, Go to OPTIONS > Selection tab, and certify if the option “Use shift to add selection” is not checked. Either hold down the shift key to select the other line or go to options, use the Selection Tab, On the left side, remove the check mark from “Use Shift to add to selection” option.
How do you select multiple blocks in AutoCAD?
Select all instances of a block
- Open the Properties palette.
- Click the Quick Select button to open the Quick Select dialog box.
- For the Object Type, choose Block Reference. …
- For the Property, choose Name.
- For the Operator, choose = Equals (the default).
- For the Value, choose the block’s name from the drop-down list.
Why can’t I select in AutoCAD?
There might be several causes for this: The desired objects are within a viewport on a layout and the viewport is not active. The layer of the objects are locked. The edit mode of an xref is active.
How do you select everything on a layer?
Ctrl-clicking or Command-clicking the layer thumbnail selects the nontransparent areas of the layer.
- To select all layers, choose Select > All Layers.
- To select all layers of a similar type (for example all type layers), select one of the layers, and choose Select > Similar Layers.
How do you select all objects in a layer?
In the drawing space, right-click on empty space to get the context menu. the objects in the layer specified will be selected.
How many types of object property exist in AutoCAD?
Every object has general properties including its layer, color, linetype, linetype scale, lineweight, transparency, and plot style. In addition, objects have properties that are specific to their type. For example, the special properties of a circle include its radius and area.