How do you save a drawing in Solidworks?
Exporting Drawings as DXF or DWG
- Click File > Save As.
- In the dialog box, for Save as type, select DXF or DWG.
- Click Options.
- Set options and click OK. …
- In the Save As dialog box, type the filename and click Save.
- If the SOLIDWORKS to DXF/DWG Mapping dialog box appears, specify mapping options and click OK.
How do you make a drawing from a part in Solidworks?
To create a drawing from within a part or assembly document:
- Click Make Drawing from Part/Assembly (Standard toolbar or New flyout menu).
- Select options for Sheet Format/Size, then click OK.
- Drag views from the View Palette into the drawing sheet, and set options in the PropertyManager.
To change file references in a drawing view:
- Click Replace Model. (Drawing toolbar) or Tools > Replace Model.
- In the PropertyManager, under Selected Views, select a drawing view.
- Under New Model, browse to select a part or an assembly file, and click Open.
- Double-part icon. …
- Click .
What files can be opened in SOLIDWORKS?
Below is the full list of file types SOLIDWORKS is able to import.
- Drawing Exchange Format (.dxf)
- Drawing (.dwg)
- Adobe Photoshop (.psd)
- Adobe Illustrator (.ai)
- Parasolid (.x_t)
- STEP (.stp)
- ACIS (.sat)
- IGES (.igs, .iges)
What is SOLIDWORKS Pack N Go?
Gathers all related files for a model design (parts, assemblies, drawings, references, design tables, Design Binder content, decals, appearances, and scenes, and SOLIDWORKS Simulation results) into a folder or zip file. To access Pack and Go: In SOLIDWORKS, click File > Pack and Go.
What is save all in SOLIDWORKS?
Saves all the files open in SOLIDWORKS that have been modified since they were last saved.
How do you exploded view into drawing in Solidworks?
In the drawing:
- Insert a model view of the assembly using the orientation needed for the exploded view. For details, see Model View.
- Right-click the drawing view and click Properties.
- In the Drawing View Properties dialog box, under Configuration information, select Show in exploded or model break state.
How do I use a drawing template in Solidworks?
To create a template:
- Click New (Standard toolbar) or File > New.
- Double-click the type of template that you want to create: Part, Assembly, or Drawing.
- Click Options. …
- On the Document Properties tab, select options to customize your new document template, then click OK. …
- Click File > Save As.