How do you rotate a part in Solidworks 2020?
To rotate a component with the PropertyManager: Click Rotate Component (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Component > Rotate. The Rotate Component PropertyManager appears, and the pointer changes to . Select one or more components in the graphics area.
How do you rotate freely in Solidworks?
Click Rotate View (View toolbar) or View > Modify > Rotate then drag the pointer . Drag with the middle mouse button. Press the arrow keys. Hold down Shift to rotate in 90° increments.
How do you rotate a sketch in Solidworks 2019?
To rotate a sketch:
- In an active sketch, click Modify Sketch. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Modify.
- In the dialog box, do one of the following: Type a value for Rotate to set the rotation value and press Enter. Rotate a sketch in the graphics area with the pointer: Press the right-mouse button.
How do I change the orientation of a drawing in Solidworks?
To change the orientation of a model view:
- Select a view.
- In the PropertyManager, under Orientation, select a different view orientation.
How do I change the orientation of a part in a SolidWorks assembly?
To fix this, go to Insert, Features, Move/Copy.
In the PropertyManager, make sure you are in Translate/Rotate mode and not Constraints mode. (See button at the bottom of the PropertyManager). Type in the angle of rotation desired in the proper box to rotate the body about the X, Y, or Z axis.
How do you rotate a 180 degree in SolidWorks?
To rotate in pre-set increments, right-click the selected ring and choose Rotate 90° or Rotate 180°.
How do I move around in SolidWorks without a mouse?
Press the arrow keys. Hold down Shift to rotate in 90° increments. Click Rotate View or View, Modify, Rotate; select a vertex, edge, or face; then drag the pointer.
How do you rotate a solid body in SolidWorks?
To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body:
- Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy. …
- Click Translate/Rotate or Constraints at the bottom of the PropertyManager (if necessary) to switch to the page you want.
- Set options in the PropertyManager.