How do you customize a BOM in Solidworks?
Double-click the BOM, or right-click the BOM and select Edit. While the bill of materials is active, it is displayed with row and column headers. Excel toolbars replace the SOLIDWORKS toolbars. Edit the worksheet as needed, using Excel functions.
How do you add columns in BOM solidworks?
To add custom columns to the bill of materials:
- Open the BOM template file. …
- Insert a new column where you want the information to appear. …
- Enter the column heading for the property you want to display in that column, and press Enter. …
- Click the cell to select it.
How do you display material in BOM solidworks?
With the part or assembly open, select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials. Set the BOM properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager and click .
How do I reorder parts in Solidworks assembly?
You can reorder and reorganize components by dragging them in the FeatureManager design tree. You can change the order of the components within a level. By default, assembly components appear in the FeatureManager design tree in the order in which they are added.
How do you exclude in Bom solidworks?
To exclude assembly components from a Bill of Materials:
- In the assembly document, right-click the component and click Component Properties .
- In the Component Properties dialog box, select Exclude from bill of materials, then click OK. You can dissolve subassemblies and combine like components in BOMs.
How do I move a row in Solidworks bom?
To move multiple table rows:
- From an open table, press Ctrl and select rows to move in unison.
- Release Ctrl and click Group/ungroup selected rows .
- Drag the group of rows in the table.
- Click Group/ungroup selected rows to release the group.
How do you exploded view into drawing in Solidworks?
In the drawing:
- Insert a model view of the assembly using the orientation needed for the exploded view. For details, see Model View.
- Right-click the drawing view and click Properties.
- In the Drawing View Properties dialog box, under Configuration information, select Show in exploded or model break state.
How do I update a BOM in Solidworks?
You can update a named BOM to a selected version of the source file or item.
- In the View section of the Bill of Materials tab, expand BOM , and select a named BOM. …
- Click Refresh ( or ).
- In the Update Source Version dialog box, expand the File Version list and select the version to use. …
- Click OK.
How do you do bom?
Necessary Elements of a Good BOM
- BOM level: Assign each part or assembly a number to detail where it fits in the hierarchy of the BOM. …
- Part number: Give each item within the BOM a unique part number, which allows anyone involved in the manufacturing cycle to reference and identify parts easily.
- Part name:
How do you rearrange bills of materials in Solidworks?
How to change the order of parts on your SOLIDWORKS BOM
- This order can be sorted by right clicking on the BOM and choosing sort.
- Items can be manually dragged up and down in the BOM by grabbing the number that appears when the BOM is moused over.
- You can even sort by the order the Balloons appear in the part. …
How do you add material to a bill of materials?
Applies to Excel-based Bills of Materials. You can add more information such as Material, Vendor_Number, Cost, and so on to the open part or subassembly document by clicking File > Properties and selecting the Custom tab or the Configurations specific tab.
How do I change the order of the features in Solidworks?
You can change the order in which features are rebuilt by dragging them in the FeatureManager design tree. As you drag up or down the tree, each item that you drag over highlights.
How do I move multiple parts in a Solidworks assembly?
In the FeatureManager design tree, drag the component you want to move. You can Ctrl + drag to move multiple components at the same time. As you move over other components, the pointer changes to indicate what will happen if you drop the component there.
What is one advantage of top down assembly modeling?
The top-down approach is more efficient to use than the bottom-up for large and complex assemblies because it reduces errors within the assembly. There are two methods to create assemblies using the top-down approach: layout sketch, master model.