How do I create a slab opening in Revit?
Add an Opening in a Structural Floor
- On the ribbon, click Opening By Face. Where is it? …
- Select a structural floor.
- Using the sketch tools on the Modify | Create Opening Boundary tab Draw panel, sketch the structural floor opening.
- When finished, click Modify | Create Opening Boundary tab Mode panel Finish Edit Mode.
How do you select a floor in Revit?
In a plan view, select the floor, and click Modify | Floors tab Mode panel Edit Boundary. Watch the tooltip and the status bar to be sure you select the floor, not another element. If desired, you can use a filter to select the floor.
How do you cut a void wall in Revit?
- Edit the in place wall.
- Create a new void extrusion that will define the opening.
- Use the “Cut” tool and select the void geometry.
- Finish the solid edition.
How do I use the Cut tool in Revit?
Load the family into the project and place it. Click Modify tab Geometry panel Cut drop-down (Cut Geometry). Select the object to be cut. Select the instance with which to cut.
What does cut profile do in Revit?
Cut profiles allow you to extend the outline and hatch of an object in a 2D view. This can be extremely useful in Revit when you need to show more detail then what is usually provided in the 3D model. The cut profile button can be found under the view tab on the ribbon bar.
How do you make a void floor in Revit?
Create a Void Form
- On the Create tab Draw panel, select one of the drawing tools.
- Click in the drawing area, and draw a closed loop that intersects solid geometry.
- Select the closed loop.
- Click Modify | Lines tab Form panel Create Form drop-down (Void Form).