Why can’t I join two lines in Autocad?
Causes: Objects have gaps or do not have connecting points because of different elevations. Use the UNITS command and increase the precision to maximum. Examining the lines, the Properties palette will show Start Z / End Z or Elevation values, potentially of a minute amount.
How do you join 3D polylines in Civil 3D?
Join 3D Polyline
- Pulldown Menu Location: Edit > 3D Polyline Utilities.
- Keyboard Command: join3d.
- Prerequisite: Plot the 3DPoly lines to use for selection.
How do I join two lines in Arcmap?
- Click the Edit tool. on the Editor toolbar.
- Click the features you want to merge. The features must be from the same layer.
- Click the Editor menu and click Merge.
- Click the feature that the features will be merged into and will supply the attributes for the merged feature.
- Click OK.
How do you join two polylines together?
To Join Polylines, Splines, Lines, and Arcs Into a Single…
- Click Home tab Modify panel Edit Polyline. Find.
- Select a polyline, spline, line, or arc to edit. …
- Enter j (Join).
- Select one or more polylines, splines, lines, or arcs that are located end to end.
- Press Enter to end the command.
How do I convert lines to polylines in AutoCAD?
To convert multiple splines at the same time, use the PEDIT command:
- At the command line in AutoCAD, type PEDIT.
- Type M for Multiple.
- Select the splines. …
- Type Y to Convert Lines, Arcs and Splines to polylines.
- Specify the precision .
- Press the Esc key to exit the command.
Why will my polylines not join?
One of the reasons why we can’t join our polylines is because they have different elevations. In this case, we just have to make their elevations equal. If you are using AutoCAD 2013 or older, you could have problems with the objects.
What is Combine command in AutoCAD?
In AutoCAD 2014, you use the Join command to fill gaps between lines, arcs, elliptical arcs, open splines, 2D and 3D polylines, and helixes. … AutoCAD prompts you to select the source object. Select the source object — that is, the object you want to join other objects to.