Navigate to the compiled SHX file, and double-click it. Click on the “Command” bar at the bottom of the window, type “Shape,” then press “Enter.” Enter the name of the shape used in the original shapefile, and press “Enter.” AutoCAD will import the compiled SHX file.
How do you cut something in Solidworks?
Click Cut With Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Cut > With Surface. In the PropertyManager, under Surface Cut Parameters, select the surface or plane to use to cut the solid bodies. Examine the preview. If necessary, click Flip cut to reverse the direction of the cut.
How do you cut a 3D object in Solidworks?
To trim a 3D sketch:
- Start the 3D sketch on a 2D plane.
- Then do either of the following: Right-click and select 3D sketch on a plane. Double-click a plane or sketch entity. You can use any of the following trim options: Power trim. Corner. Trim away inside. Trim away outside. Trim to closest.
How do you move a cut Extrude in SOLIDWORKS?
Moving and Copying Features
- Select Instant3D (Features toolbar).
- In the graphics area, select the feature to move.
- Use the handles to drag the feature to its new location.
Can we extrude the sketch in both direction yes or no?
To extrude in both directions from the sketch plane in the PropertyManager, under Direction 1, select Through All – Both Directions. To extrude as a thin feature, set the PropertyManager options in Thin Feature.
How do you cut a pipe in Solidworks?
Cutting Pipes or Tubes
- In the FeatureManager design tree, expand the route assembly .
- Right-click Route. …
- Right-click the point where the straight run and the branch intersect (the intersection of the 3D sketch segments), and select Penetrate.
What is coping a pipe?
Simple to use and weld on, these money-saving connectors are used with pipe sections to form a railing system.
How do you weld pipes in Solidworks?
Inserting Weld Gaps in an Existing Route
- Click Weld Gap (Piping toolbar) or click Tools > Routing > Piping > Weld Gap .
- If prompted to edit the route select the appropriate routing assembly and click .
- Under Weld Gap Settings, select a segment for Route Segment.
- Click Create weld gaps. …
- Modify gap values as required:
How do you cut an intersecting body in SolidWorks?
Intersecting Bodies to Modify Part Geometry
- With the part open, click Insert > Features > Intersect .
- For Solids, Surfaces, or Planes, select the bodies to intersect or merge.
- Select Cap planar openings on surfaces to cap flat openings in surfaces.
- Click Intersect. …
- Select regions to exclude. …
- Select options as required: