Select the cut tool in the Modify tab. First select the element to be cut and then the family instance to be cut with. After all drawn and cut as said before, you should be able to load the nested family into the project environment.
How do I edit a nested family in Revit?
Modify Families in a Project (or Nested Family)
- Double-click an instance of the family in the drawing area.
- Select an instance of the family in the drawing area, and click Modify
tab Mode panel (Edit Family).
- In the drawing area or the Project Browser (under Families), right-click the family, and click Edit.
How do you cut a family in Revit?
Open the Revit family with unattached voids and click Create tab Properties panel Family Category and Parameters. In the Family Category and Parameters dialog, select Cut With Voids when Loaded and click OK. Load the family into the project and place it. Click Modify tab Geometry panel Cut drop-down (Cut Geometry).
What is a nested family?
To nest families in another family, create or open a host (base) family, and then load and insert instances of one or more family types into it. The base family can be a new (empty) family or an existing family. To create a family with nested components. Create or open a family into which you want to nest a family.
How do you add family to family in Revit?
- Click Insert tab Load from Library panel (Load Family).
- In the Load Family dialog, double-click the category of the family that you want to load.
- Preview any of the families (RFA) in the category: To preview a single family, select it from the list. …
- Select the family that you want to load, and click Open.
Click Modify tab Properties panel (Family Types). In the Family Types dialog, under Parameters, click Add. Follow the steps for creating a new parameter of the same type as the parameter you want to control in the nested family. Click OK to close the Family Types dialog.
How do you cut a sink hole in a countertop in Revit?
After adding a void to the sink family, you need to open Family Category and Parameter window and check the [Cut with Void when loaded] box. Upon placing the sink to top of the countertop, use Cut command on the Modify menu to cut the hole. You can also nest the sink to the countertop family as well.
Where is family types in Revit?
In the Project Browser, under Families, locate the desired family or type. To manage families and family types, do the following: If you want to… right-click a type, and click Type Properties.
In the Family Category and Parameters dialog, under Family Parameters, select Shared.
- Open the host family or start a new family.
- Open the families that you want to nest, and share them.
- Load and place a nested component within the host family.
- Repeat this process for each nested component.
- Save the family.