You can convert a dependent view to an independent view. In the Project Browser, right-click a dependent view, and click Convert to independent view.
What is a dependent view Revit?
Make multiple copies of a view that are dependent on the primary view. All copies, known as dependent views, remain synchronous with the primary view and all other dependent views, so that when view-specific changes (such as view scale and annotations) are made in one view, they are reflected in all views.
How do I change the default view in Revit?
Specify the Starting View for a Model
- Open the model.
- Click Manage tab Manage Project panel Starting View.
- In the Starting View dialog, specify the starting view, and click OK.
How do you create a view in Revit?
Create a Plan View
- Click View tab Create panel Plan Views drop-down, and then click. (Floor Plan) …
- In the New Plan dialog: For Type, select a view type from the list, or click Edit Type to modify an existing view type or create a new view type. …
- Click OK.
What does duplicate as dependent mean in Revit?
Duplicate as a Dependent creates a copy of the view and links it to the original (parent) view, as shown in the Project Browser below. View-specific changes made to the overall view, such as changing the Scale, are also reflected in the dependent (child) views and vice-versa.
How do you make a splash screen in Revit?
How To Set Up Your Revit Starting View
- First, go to the Manage Tab > Manage Project > Starting view. …
- Select the view you want to show as the default, so that every time you open the project you will see that first – this could be a project splash page for example.
What is Revit plan view?
The structural plan view is the default view when you start a new project using a structural template. … Revit provides for this variation with the View Direction type parameter for structural plans.
What is the Revit project file format?
Autodesk Revit uses the RVT extension to store its files. The files cover all the elements and construction information of the model database.
How do I organize project browser in Revit?
Click View tab Windows panel User Interface drop-down (Browser Organization). In the Browser Organization dialog, click the tab for the desired list: Views, Sheets, or Schedules. Click New. Enter a name for the organization scheme, and click OK.
How do you break a section to fit on a sheet in Revit?
You can break section lines by clicking the break control and adjusting the length of the section line segments. The section break is in the middle of the section line. The following images show the same section, whole and broken. To rejoin the section line, click the break control again.
How do you add a Matchline in Revit?
Add a Matchline
- Open the primary view from which your dependent views were created.
- If crop regions are not visible, click (Show Crop Region) on the View Control Bar. …
- Click View tab Sheet Composition panel (Matchline).
- Sketch the matchline.
- When finished, click Finish Matchline.