How do you make a viewport?
To Create a New Layout Viewport
- Click View tab Viewports panel New.
- In the Viewports dialog box, New Viewports tab, under Standard Viewports, select Single.
- Click to specify one corner of the new layout viewport.
- Click to specify the opposite corner. A new layout viewport object is available and displays a default view.
How do you create a viewport in model space?
To Create Multiple Model Space Viewports
Click the – or + control, and then the Viewport Configuration List to change the number and arrangement of viewports. Press CTRL while dragging viewport boundaries to display the green splitter bar and create new viewports.
How do you create a viewport in Autocad model space?
Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Insert View.
To Create a New Layout Viewport
- If named views have not been saved in model space, click two points to define a rectangular view from expanded model space. …
- If one or more named views were previously saved in model space, click to choose a named view from the gallery.
How do you unlock a viewport?
Follow these steps to set up the viewport:
- Verify that you’re in paper space. (Check the UCS icon or move the crosshairs.)
- Select the boundary of the viewport whose arrangement you want to protect. …
- Click the Lock/Unlock Viewport button to lock the viewport scale.
Why is my viewport not showing?
Make sure the layer has not been turned off or frozen: In the Layer Properties Manager, make sure the layer that contains the viewport geometry is not turned off or frozen. Go to the layout tab that contains the problem viewport. … Check the properties and note which layer the viewport is on.
How do you activate a viewport in AutoCAD?
To select a viewport that is completely contained within another viewport in a layout, double-click within the larger viewport to activate it, then use CTRL+R to switch activated viewports until the desired viewport is selected. The viewports will shift according to the order in which the viewports were created.
How do I manage viewports in AutoCAD?
To adjust the size, shape, and border of the new layout viewport, select the layout viewport and click a size grip one of the corners of the viewport object. To move the layout viewport, click the move grip at the center of the viewport and click a new location. Alternatively, you can use the Move command.
What is the viewport command in AutoCAD?
Layout viewports are objects that display views of model space. You create, scale, and place them in paper space on a layout. On each layout, you can create one or more layout viewports. Each layout viewport is like a closed circuit TV monitor of a view of the model at a scale and orientation that you specify.
How do you unlock a viewport in AutoCAD 2020?
In layout view select the boundary of one Viewport. Click the customization button at the bottom right of the screen. Enable the viewport lock from the drop-up list.
How do you unlock a viewport in Draftsight?
Type Viewport. Specify the Lock option. Specify On to lock or Off to unlock. In the graphics area, select the Viewports to which the settings should apply.