How do I save a document in Solidworks?
To save SOLIDWORKS settings:
- Select “Tools > Save/Restore Settings…”.
- SOLIDWORKS Copy Settings Wizard opens. Select “Save Settings”.
- Select where to save the settings. You can change the directory from “Browse” button. Select which settings you want to save. …
- Now your settings have been saved in *. sldreg file.
What is solidworks template?
You can create your own templates to use as the basis for new part, drawing, and assembly documents. In your template, you can customize document properties such as units of measure and dimensioning standards. You can include items such as sketches, notes, and features in the graphics area.
How do I open a new file in Solidworks?
To open existing part, assembly, or drawing documents:
- Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open, or press Ctrl+O.
- In the dialog box, select a file type in Files of type or use the quick filter buttons to view commonly used SOLIDWORKS file types (for example, . …
- Browse to select a document or documents.
How do I create a Solidworks assembly drawing?
To create a drawing from within a part or assembly document:
- Click Make Drawing from Part/Assembly (Standard toolbar or New flyout menu).
- Select options for Sheet Format/Size, then click OK.
- Drag views from the View Palette into the drawing sheet, and set options in the PropertyManager.
Where are Solidworks drawing templates saved?
To save a drawing template, simply go to File > Save As and change the file format from Drawing (. slddrw) to Drawing Template (. drwdot). Other than the settings found under Document Properties, there are certain sheet properties that can be saved to your Drawing Template.
How do I create a template in Solidworks 2020?
To create a template:
- Click New (Standard toolbar) or File > New.
- Double-click the type of template that you want to create: Part, Assembly, or Drawing.
- Click Options (Standard toolbar) or Tools > Options.
- On the Document Properties tab, select options to customize your new document template, then click OK.
How do I import a template into SOLIDWORKS?
Default Templates Options
- Click Options. or Tools > Options.
- Select Default Templates.
- Click the appropriate browse button (Parts, Assemblies, or Drawings).
- In the New SOLIDWORKS Document dialog box, select the template you prepared and click OK.
- Select: Always use these default document templates. …
- Click OK.
What file can SOLIDWORKS open?
You can import and export DXF/DWG files. In eDrawings®, you can view and animate models and drawings and create documents convenient for sending to others. The Highly Compressed Graphics (HCG) translator exports SOLIDWORKS documents as Highly Compressed Graphics files.
How do you convert Sldprt to step?
How to convert a SLDPRT file to STEP
- open your file with solidworks and save as STEP AP214.
- open autcad. 1-change 3d modeling. 2-clik insert. 3-click import.
- 1-choose step. 2-cick open.
- waiting for import file.
- 1-click view. 2- choose SW isometric.
- change 2d wireframe to Realistic.