How do you create a section in Civil 3D?
To create a section view
- Click Home tab Profile & Section Views panel Section Views drop-down Create Section View Find.
- In the Create Section View wizard, click Create Section View to accept location, style, offset, elevation, display, data band, and volume table defaults.
How do I create a section view?
A full section view is generated by running the cutting plane through the entire length of the object being sectioned.
- Click Layout tab Create View panel Section drop-down Full. …
- Click the view you want to use as the parent view. …
- Click in the drawing area to indicate the start point of the section line.
How do you edit a cross section in Civil 3D?
To edit a static section graphically
- In the drawing, zoom to a section view. Click the static section line you want to edit. …
- Move the section segments. Use rectangular grips for grade points. …
- Click in the drawing at the desired location. The section is redrawn at the new location.
What is a section view?
What is a section view? A sectional view or a section looks inside an object. Sections are used to clarify the interior construction of a part that cannot be clearly described by hidden lines in exterior views. … The unwanted portion is mentally discarded exposing the interior construction.
How do you create a sample line group in Civil 3d?
Create sample lines
- Open Sections-Sample–Lines–Create. …
- Click Home tab >> Profile & Section Views panel >> Sample Lines .
- At the Select An Alignment prompt, press Enter.
- In the Select Alignment dialog box, select Centerline (1).
What is multiple section?
The multiple section views are created from existing sections, which represent sectional data at the stations along the alignment. You can also display data bands above or below each of the multiple section views. … For information about how to create a material list, see Generating Material Lists.