You can add contour data to an existing TIN surface. For best results, add the contour data in a single operation. In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, right-click Contours, and click Add.
How do you turn contours into surfaces?
Surface from Contours
- Start by creating a new drawing using a Drawing Template that has a Civil 3D set up (preferably yours).
- Insert the drawing that has the contours and explode it.
- Create a new Civil 3D TIN surface (from Prospector or Ribbon).
- Set values in Create Surface dialog box.
How do you change contours in Civil 3D?
To Edit Contours
- Select the contour graphically or by using an AutoCAD command, such as PEDIT or PROPERTIES.
- Perform the edit to the contour. …
- Rebuild the surface to update the contour definition by right-clicking the surface in the Prospector tree and clicking Rebuild.
How do you convert polyline to surface in Civil 3D?
To create a surface projection using a 2D line or polyline.
- Select feature line in the canvas (alternatively type FEATUREELEVSFROMSURF command)
- Click on “Elevation from Surface” button.
- In the Set Elevations From Surface dialog box, select the surface onto which you want to project the feature line.
How do you make a surface in Civil 3D?
Go to the Prospector tab in Toolspace and right click on Surfaces, select Create Surface. Alternatively, you can type CREATESURFACE at the command line. Either method will bring the Create Surface Dialogue Box up as shown below.
How do you make a polyline from a surface?
Start by checking the polylines to make sure they are elevated. Open the AutoCAD Properties palette, select a polyline, and note that the elevation of that polyline is not 0.00. If you have polylines without elevations, they must be modified to the correct elevation before placing them into your surface.
How do you clean up contours in Civil 3D?
- Draw a polyline boundary around the area to smooth.
- In Prospector, expand the desired surface name, and then expand the Definition.
- Right-click Edit. …
- Verify that Natural Neighbor Interpolation is selected as the Smoothing Methods option.