To apply a material to a solid extrusion by category, under Materials and Finishes, click in the Material field, click , and specify a material. To assign a solid extrusion to a subcategory, under Identity Data, for Subcategory, select a subcategory. Click Apply.
How do you edit an extrusion in Revit?
Edit an Extrusion
- In the drawing area, select the extrusion.
- If you are in the project environment: …
- Click Modify | Extrusion tab Mode panel (Edit Extrusion).
- If desired, modify the extrusion profile.
- On the Properties palette, change the visibility, material, or subcategory of the extrusion, if desired.
How do you add materials to a component in Revit?
Apply a Material by Family
- Click Modify |
tab Properties panel (Family Types).
- In the Family Types dialog, under Materials and Finishes, locate the parameter for the object.
- Click in the Value column for the parameter.
- Click .
- In the Material Browser, select a material, and click Apply.
- Click OK.
How do you make an extrusion in Revit 2021?
Create an Extrusion
- In the Family Editor, on the Create tab Forms panel, do one of the following: …
- Use the sketching tools to sketch the extrusion profile: …
- On the Properties palette, specify the extrusion properties: …
- Click Modify | Create Extrusion tab Mode panel (Finish Edit Mode). …
- To view the extrusion, open a 3D view.
How do you add material to a model?
To add a material to an in-place component, select it and choose Modify > Edit In-Place. Select the geometry and adjust the material through its Properties. For more information on in-place components, you may want to take a look at the Families Guide.
What is the meaning of extrusion?
An extrusion is a part or length of material formed by pushing a material through a die with a particular cross-section. The window frames are extrusions because they are made by forcing aluminum in a plastic state through a shaped die and then cooling it.
Where is Family Editor in Revit?
Select an instance of the family in the drawing area, and click Modify |
How do you create a model in Revit?
Create an In-Place Element
- Open a project.
- On the ribbon, click (Model In-Place). …
- In the Family Category and Parameters dialog, select a category for the element, and click OK. …
- In the Name dialog, type a name, and click OK. …
- Use the Family Editor tools to create the in-place element.