Go to manage links- select the revit link and unload the link, then remove.
- In the Family Editor, open a view containing the connector being unlinked.
- Select either of 2 linked connectors.
- Click Modify | Connector Element tab Connector Links panel (Remove Link). The link is removed.
To access tools for link management, click Manage tab Manage Project panel (Manage Links). To update linked models without closing the current project, you can reload the linked models. Unload linked models to temporarily remove them from the project.
How do you ungroup elements in Revit?
- In the drawing area, select a group.
- Click Modify | Model Groups tab Ungroup.
Select the checkbox next to an individual CAD Import or CAD Link and right-click to select Show Elements. Ideate Explorer will attempt to find a View where the CAD file is visible. Select and CAD file to be deleted then use Ideate Delete to remove it from the project.
Unload linked models to temporarily remove them from the project.
- Click Manage tab Manage Project panel (Manage Links).
- In the Manage Links dialog, click the relevant tab.
- Select the linked model.
- To unload the selected model, click Unload.
Why can’t I detach from central Revit?
The network connection/resource is busy, or disconnected (likely culprit) Someone is creating a local at the same moment (less often, but happens) Opening a file created in a newer version of Revit (less often) File is a Local file (user copied a local over a central)
Select Elements in a Linked Model
- If needed, enable the Select Links option.
- In the drawing area of a view of the host model, move the cursor over the element in the linked model.
- Press Tab until the desired element is highlighted, and click to select it.
Display a Linked Model by Linked View
- Open the view in the host model.
- Click View tab Graphics panel (Visibility/Graphics).
- On the Revit Links tab, for the linked model, do the following: …
- In the RVT Link Display Settings dialog, on the Basics tab, do the following: …
- Click OK twice.
What are Revit assemblies?
The Assemblies category of Revit elements supports construction workflows by letting you identify, classify, quantify, and document unique element combinations in the model. Video: Create and Document Assemblies. Combine multiple elements into a single assembly to be independently scheduled, tagged, and filtered.
How do I remove a constraint in Revit family?
- Click a lock to unlock it.
- Click the EQ symbol to remove an equality constraint. The EQ symbol appears with a slash through it when the equality constraint is not applied.
- Delete the dimension that corresponds to the constraint. A warning appears that you are not deleting the actual constraint.
How do you ungroup elements?
Ungroup shapes, pictures, or objects
- To ungroup shapes or other objects, under Drawing Tools, on the Format tab, in the Arrange group, click Group. , and then click Ungroup.
- To ungroup pictures, under Picture Tools, on the Format tab, in the Arrange group, click. , and then click Ungroup.
To correct this situation, reload the linked file. In Revit LT, click Manage tab Manage Projects panel Manage Links. In the Manage Links dialog, on the CAD Formats tab, select the linked file in the list, and click Reload. Click OK.
Causes: The CAD file has values much higher than the 20 mile limit for geometry from internal origin that was applied for Revit. The values themselves are not a problem but the CAD file has reference blocks that refer to 0,0,0 which is the cause of not displaying the CAD link.
To update links without closing the current project, you can unload and reload the links. To access tools for link management, click Manage tab Manage Project panel (Manage Links). To update linked models without closing the current project, you can reload the linked models.