In the Drawing window, click Offset Section View in the Views toolbar ( Sections sub-toolbar). If desired, you can also click Offset Section Cut . Select the circle representing the hole (or a center line), to define a profile going through the hole.
How do I Section A section in Catia?
Creating 3D Section Cuts
- Select Insert > Sectioning from the menu bar, or click Sectioning in the DMU Space Analysis toolbar and create a section plane. …
- In the Definition tab, click Volume Cut to obtain a section cut:
How do you move a section view in Catia?
Go to Tools->Options ( Mechanical Design -> Drafting option at the left of the dialog box , Layout tab) and check the View name and Scaling factor options.
Moving One View
- Click the view to be moved.
- Drag the clicked view to the new location.
- Release the mouse button when you want to position the view.
How do I move a section view?
During view creation, as you drag out the section view, hit the Shift button and you will be able to move the view off that projection line. Once a section view is placed, if you select it and then move it via the center grip, hitting Shift will toggle the view between free moving and the perpendicular tracking line.
What are the 7 types of section views?
Types of Sectional Views
- Full Section. If the imaginary cutting plane passes through the entire object, splitting the drawn object in two with the interior of the object revealed, this is called a “full section.” A full section is the most widely-used sectional view.
- Half View. …
- Offset View. …
- Revolving View. …
- Broken View.
What is a section view?
What is a section view? A sectional view or a section looks inside an object. Sections are used to clarify the interior construction of a part that cannot be clearly described by hidden lines in exterior views. … The unwanted portion is mentally discarded exposing the interior construction.
38 Shortcuts for CATIA V5
|Escape||Abort the current process or exit the current dialog box (when there is one)|
|F3||Structure tree out or insert (Toggle specification tree display on and off)|
|F10||Toggle Swap Visible Space|
|Shift+F1||Context assistance (Get help on toolbar icons)|
How many types of assemblies are there in CATIA?
There are basically three types of documents that are used in Assembly Design: the overall assembly, sub-assemblies, and individual part models. CATIA uses the word ‘product’ to refer to an assembly, and ‘part’ to refer to an individual model.