How do I change scenes in Solidworks?
Right-click Scene and select Edit Scene. In the graphics area, right-click and select Edit Scene.
We recommend that you choose a predefined scene whose properties are closest to the ones you want to create.
- Use the Edit Scene PropertyManager to change an existing scene.
- On the Advanced tab, click Save Scene.
- Click Save.
How do you delete a scene in Solidworks?
- Click next to a face, feature, body, part, or component (assemblies only). The appearance is removed. If all appearances are deleted, the default appearance is used.
- Click Remove all part appearances from model-name . The default appearance is used instead.
How do I create a light in Solidworks?
To work with lighting: In the DisplayManager , click View Scene, Lights, and Cameras , and expand the Lights folder. Right-click the Lights folder or a light in the folder and select Add Directional Light, Add Spot Light, or Add Point Light.
How do I change the position of a light in Solidworks?
Under Lights , right-click Directional and select Edit Directional Light. When PhotoView 360 is added in, you can right-click Directional under either PhotoView 360 Lights or SOLIDWORKS Lights .
How do I change the default settings in SOLIDWORKS?
To restore the settings, head to the top of your SOLIDWORKS window and click on the dropdown arrow to the right of the settings button and select “Save/Restore Settings…” This time, select the “Restore Settings – Restore SOLIDWORKS settings from a file” button and click Next.
How do I change the default appearance in SOLIDWORKS?
SOLIDWORKS provides two suggested default appearances, color and texture, both of which you can edit. To assign a new default appearance: In the Task Pane, on the Appearances tab , navigate to an appearance. Right-click an appearance and click Set as default appearance.
How do you hide appearances in Solidworks?
Click in the Hide/Show column for the component to hide or show the component. The active display state. Click or right-click the component, and select Hide Components or Show Components .
How do I reset a SolidWorks light?
To change the default scene:
- With a model open, click the Appearances, Scenes, and Decals tab on the Task Pane.
- In the upper pane, navigate to a subfolder of Scenes.
- In the lower pane, right-click a scene and click Set as default scene. The default scene is listed on the System Options – Colors dialog box.
How do you turn off lights in SolidWorks?
To turn off a light, without deleting it:
- Click to expand Lights, Cameras and Scene .
- Right-click the light source and select Properties. – or – Click View, Lights and Cameras, Properties, Ambient (or Directional, Spot, or Point).
- In the PropertyManager, click On/Off .
Where is the Display Manager in SolidWorks?
To view the DisplayManager, click the DisplayManager tab in the Manager Pane. The Appearances pane of the DisplayManager lists the appearances applied to the current model. The Decals pane of the DisplayManager lists the decals applied to the current model.
What is your main goal when positioning a model within a scene for rendering?
What is your main goal when positioning a model within a scene for rendering? To make your model look naturally positioned in the scene.