To load all simulation data, click Simulation > Options > System Options > General and select Load all Simulation Studies when opening the model (requires more time to open a model). You can also load simulation data for a specific study by clicking individual simulation tabs.
How do I open solidworks simulation results?
To display SOLIDWORKS Simulation results in the graphics area:
- Open an assembly that has a simulation study saved with it.
- Click the Static 1 tab.
- In the Simulation Study tree, right click Static 1 and click Run.
- Click the Model tab.
- Click Simulation Display (View toolbar) or View > Display > Simulation Display .
Where are SOLIDWORKS simulations saved?
Understanding SOLIDWORKS Simulation data
Whereas the results are stored as a separate CWR file in a user-defined location. By default, these files are saved in the folder of the assembly/part file that you are analyzing.
Is solidworks simulation free?
Did you know that every version of SOLIDWORKS includes free simulation software? It doesn’t matter if you have SOLIDWORKS, SOLIDWORKS Professional, or SOLIDWORKS Premium; there are tools available to enhance your experience and enable you to test your design.
What is a CWR file in Solidworks?
The CWR file is a compressed file containing all the results data related to the study. Upon saving and closing the SOLIDWORKS file, the results are saved to the CWR and then deleted. This allows convenient file management without keeping track of multiple files.
How do you save a solidworks simulation?
To save an active plot, do one of the following:
- In the Simulation study tree, right-click the active plot icon and select Save As.
- Click Plot Tools > Save As (Simulation CommandManager)
- Right-click in the graphics area, and select Save As.
- Create a duplicate of the Scan2CAD directory which is in your Program Files.
- Ensure the directory is named anything different to the original, for example ‘Scan2CAD v9 copy’
- Launch the Scan2CAD .exe located in the duplicate directory.
What is PDM solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS PDM (Product Data Management) is a cloud-based suite of applications to manage product design data and documents, allowing easier collaboration and increased productivity.
How do I change the simulations folder in Solidworks?
To change the location that you are saving your SOLIDWORKS Simulation files for all future studies go to your simulation options file by clicking Simulation>Options>Default Options>Results>Results Folder. Once in the results folder you have two options to save to file locations (see screen shot below).
How much does a SOLIDWORKS Simulation license cost?
How Much Does SOLIDWORKS Simulation Cost? The list price of a license of SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard is $3,995. The annual subscription service, which covers technical support, upgrades, and much more for one year, is $995.
Which is better Ansys or Solidworks?
Solidworks is mainly 3D CAD software, and the analysis function is an auxiliary tool, which helps to obtain simple analysis results quickly in the design process . Ansys is a professional analysis software. … For FEA analysis, Ansys is much better than SolidWorks. For modelling purpose SolidWorks is right.