How do I make AutoCAD Civil 3d default?
Right-click any existing DWG file (AutoCAD drawing) on your computer to open the menu pictured to the right. Select Open With from the menu. Then select Choose Default Program from the submenu that opens. Then select Choose another app from the submenu that opens.
How do I change the default version of AutoCAD?
To change file associativity using the shortcut menu:
- In Windows Explorer, right-click a DWG file, choose Properties, and click the Change button.
- From the displayed list, select the product and version to use.
How do I make AutoCAD 2018 my default program?
If you hold shift and right click on the . DWG file and select AutoCAD 2018 as the new default program (may have to check the box to set as default), it should now use 2018 every time. As for setting a default Vertical Application, that is still a pain.
How do I make AutoCAD 2010 my default program?
- In Windows, click Start–>My Computer.
- Tools–>Folder Options.
- On the File Types tab, find .DWG and highlight.
- It should tell you what it opens with currently. …
- Put a checkmark in “Always us the selected program to open this kind of file”
- Click Ok and then Close.
- See if that works for ya….
How do I open a Civil 3D file in AutoCAD?
Reload the c3d. cuix file
- On the command line in Civil 3D, type CUILOAD.
- Click the Browse button.
- Open the c3d. cuix file. The dialog window should automatically go to the correct folder, but if not, the path is C:Users<user>AppDataRoamingAutodeskC3D 20xxenuSupport.
- Click the Load button and then click Close.
How do I open .dwg files?
How to open a AutoCAD drawing
- Click File > Open > Browse.
- Next to the File name box, click the All Visio Files dropdown, and then select AutoCAD Drawing.
- Find the . dwg or . dxf file on your computer, and then double-click it to open it. The AutoCAD file will appear as a new Visio drawing.
How do I make Draftsight my default program?
This also does not change the default method to Draftsight.
To do this, refer the steps given below.
- Open Control Panel.
- Search for Default Programs.
- Go to Default Programs.
- Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
- Set this as default program and apply changes.
- Check if the issue persists.
How can I change DWG version?
Click the application menu in the upper-left and choose DWG Convert (or pick it on the ribbon if a file is open).
- Add the file(s) in the Files Tree list (click the green plus Add Files button).
- Choose the appropriate file format version.
- Click Convert.
How do I change the Save Settings in AutoCAD?
Solution: To get AutoCAD to correctly keep its settings, do one or more of the following: On the command line in AutoCAD, enter the WSSETTINGS command and select Automatically save Workspace changes.