What file formats can be imported into Revit?
Revit supports a wide range of industry standards and file formats, including:
- Revit native formats: RVT, RFA, RTE, RFT.
- CAD formats: DGN, DWF, DWG, DXF, IFC, SAT, and SKP.
- Image formats: BMP, PNG, JPG, JPEG, and TIF.
- Other formats: ODBC, HTML, TXT, and gbXML.
How do you import a family type in Revit?
In a Revit project or template, click Insert tab Load From Library panel (Load Family). Navigate to the directory containing the family you want to open. Select the family (RFA file) to load. The Type Catalog displays.
Can you import STEP files into Revit?
Import STP file in AutoCAD and save as DWG. Link the DWG in Revit. When you get the updated STP, just re-import to the same DWG and the link in Revit will be updated.
Can you import a DXF file into Revit?
Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD). In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type. Navigate to the folder that contains the file to import, and select the file. Tip: Make sure you import the geometric data needed for the Revit capability that you plan to use.
Can you change a Revit family type?
right-click a family, and click New Type. Enter a name for the type. The new type displays in the list. Double-click the new type to open the Type Properties dialog, and define properties for the new type.
How do I export a family type in Revit?
Export Family Types
- Click File tab Export (Family Types).
- In the Export As dialog, navigate to the location where you want to save the text file.
- In the File name field, specify the file name. The default name is the current family name with the . …
- In the Files of type field, keep the default, Text Files (*. …
- Click Save.
What programs can open STEP files?
Common CAD software tools that support STEP files include AutoCAD, Fusion, SolidWorks, OnShape, PTC Creo, CATIA and ArchiCAD. A major reason for its popularity as a data exchange format is that it is an official international standard (STEP stands for Standard for the Exchange of Product Data).
How do I convert a STEP file to Revit?
How to achieve a conversion of a Revit model to STEP or STP…
- Click File tab Export CAD Formats (ACIS (SAT).
- In the SAT Export Settings dialog, select the views and sheets to export.
- Click Next.
- In the Export CAD Formats dialog, do the following: Navigate to the target folder for the exported files. …
- Click OK.
How do I convert steps to DWG?
Discover how easy it is to convert a 3D file (STEP, IGES, STL, SLDPRT, X_T, X_B, SAT, OBJ, BREP) to DWG or DXF.
- Open your 3D file.
- Go to File → Save as.
- In the opened window, specify the output file name and file format (AutoCAD DWG or DXF).
- Click Save.