Can Maya import SolidWorks files?
Exporting from SolidWorks
Before you can import your model into Maya, you need to export it to the IGES format first. In this how-to I will describe how to do this with an assembly, but it is essentially the same for a separate part.
How do I import a SolidWorks file?
Creating an Import Files Task
- Under Task files or folders, click Add File.
- Select the types of files to import in Files of type. Available selections for file type: IGES (*. igs, *. iges) STEP (*. step, *. stp)
- Browse to the file you want to import, then click Open.
- Repeat steps a, b, and c to select additional files.
Can Maya Open Sldprt files?
SLDPRT and . SLDASM files. Sadly there is no way to import those file. Ask your client if they can export to STEP.
Can you open SolidWorks files in Autodesk?
The Autodesk Inventor® Part translator imports Autodesk Inventor part and assembly files as SOLIDWORKS part documents. The imported part files can contain features or geometry only. You can import individual features of objects or import objects as single solid bodies.
How do I convert solidworks to blender?
With the model or assembly open in Solidworks:
- Go to File > Save As.
- In the Save window, go through the Type dropdown list and select VRML.
- Once that’s done, a new Options button will be displayed. …
- Select the output version as “VRML 97” as shown in the image below. …
- Set the units to Meters as that’s Blender’s default.
What is Autodesk DirectConnect?
Autodesk® DirectConnect software enables you to exchange industrial design data efficiently with engineers using CAD products. The result is a fluid digital design workflow that eliminates rework, saves time, and preserves your design intent.
Is there a free version of Solidworks?
Currently, there are two options available to try SOLIDWORKS for free. The first option is through MySolidWorks which offers an online product trial of the latest version of SOLIDWORKS Premium, all from within your browser. … These SOLIDWORKS trials can be created for 7, 15, or 30 days.
How do I open a Solidworks file without solidworks?
Anyone with access to a PC–or even a Mac–will be able to view AutoCAD®, DWG and DXF files, as well as native SolidWorks parts, assemblies, and drawings. Downloading eDrawings Viewer is easy and painless. Just visit the eDrawings Viewer homepage, find the appropriate version for your needs, and click Download Now.
How do I import a DWG file into solidworks?
Importing . DXF or . DWG Files
- In SOLIDWORKS, click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open .
- In the Open dialog box, set Files of type to Dxf or Dwg, browse to select a file, and click Open.
- In the DXF/DWG Import Wizard, select an import method, and then click Next to access Drawing Layer Mapping and Document Settings.