Modify type properties to change the profile shape or the material of a floor slab edge. To change type properties, select an element and click Modify tab Properties panel (Type Properties). Changes to type properties apply to all instances in the project.
How do you do a slab edge in Revit?
Add a Floor Slab Edge
- Click Architecture tab Build panel Floor drop-down (Floor: Slab Edge).
- Highlight horizontal edges of floors, and click to place a slab edge. …
- To finish the current slab edge, click Modify | Place Slab Edge tab Placement panel Restart Slab Edge.
How do you change the floor boundaries in Revit?
After creating a floor, you can change its profile to modify its boundaries.
- In a plan view, double-click the floor, or select the floor and click Modify | Floors tab Mode panel Edit Boundary. …
- Use sketching tools to change the boundaries of the floor.
- Click Finish Edit Mode.
How do I change the size of a slab in Revit?
After adding a slab edge to a floor, you can change the size or orientation of the slab edge. You can resize slabs. When you select the slab, a drag control appears at either end of it. See Controls and Shape Handles.
How do you cut a slab in Revit?
Cut an Opening in a Floor, Roof, or Ceiling
- Click By Face or Vertical. Where is it? Architecture tab Opening panel. Structure tab Opening panel. …
- If you chose By Face, select a face in the floor, ceiling, or roof. If you chose Vertical, select the entire element. Selected face for opening by face. …
- Click Finish Opening.
How do you edit footprints in Revit?
This is a very straightforward process:
- Go to Architecture Tab → Roof by Footprint.
- In the Sketch Mode, click the Select Walls drawing tool.
- You will see an overhang option appear across the top toolbar. Assign your desired overhang value (500mm was used in our example)
- Finish your Roof sketch by clicking the Green Tick.