How do I use the Cut tool in Revit?
Load the family into the project and place it. Click Modify tab Geometry panel Cut drop-down (Cut Geometry). Select the object to be cut. Select the instance with which to cut.
How do I make an opening cut in Revit?
Cut a Rectangular Opening in a Wall
- Open an elevation or section view where you can access the wall that will host the opening.
- Click (Wall Opening). Where is it? …
- Select the wall that will host the opening.
- Sketch a rectangular opening. …
- To modify an opening, click Modify, and select the opening.
How do you make a void family in Revit?
Create a Void Family with an Elliptic Profile
- Create a new family using the Metric Generic Model face based. …
- Select the 3D Front view.
- Click Create tab Datum panel (Reference Plane).
- Place a new horizontal reference plane in the middle of the slab extrusion:
- Select the new reference plane.
- In the Properties palette:
How do you cut a hole in a countertop in Revit?
After adding a void to the sink family, you need to open Family Category and Parameter window and check the [Cut with Void when loaded] box. Upon placing the sink to top of the countertop, use Cut command on the Modify menu to cut the hole. You can also nest the sink to the countertop family as well.
How do you cut a void wall in Revit?
- Edit the in place wall.
- Create a new void extrusion that will define the opening.
- Use the “Cut” tool and select the void geometry.
- Finish the solid edition.
How do I create a void in Revit 2020?
Create a Void Form
- On the Create tab Draw panel, select one of the drawing tools.
- Click in the drawing area, and draw a closed loop that intersects solid geometry.
- Select the closed loop.
- Click Modify | Lines tab Form panel Create Form drop-down (Void Form).
How do you extrude a slab in Revit?
Start with Structure > Component > Model in Place and select Floors or Structural Foundations as the category as you see fit. 5. Click on the Create > Extrusion tool.
How do you trim a slab in Revit?
Select the slab or roof slab to be trimmed. click Slab tab Modify panel Trim. click Roof Slab tab Modify panel Trim. Select a wall, a polyline, or another slab or roof slab for the trimming object.