How do you turn a CATProduct into a part?
Open the 01_Cric_Assembly. CATProduct from the samples directory. It looks like this: Click Product to Part or select Tools > Generate CATPart from Product…
How do I find a part in assembly Catia?
Open the document Search1. CATProduct.
Click the Search button:
- Now, in the result list, select Pad. 1 and Hole. 1 then click Select : Pad. 1 and Hole. 1 are selected in the specification tree.
- Select From current selection .
- Enter the workbench Part Design and the type Hole .
- Click the Search button:
How do I save CATIA as STL?
Select Tools > Generate CATPart from Product. Finally, Select File > Salve As > Save as type: STL.
How do I export steps in CATIA?
To export a STEP file choose File -> Save as..., as file type choose STEP-Format (step, stp) and go to Options. A new dialog box appears. Under Output as the following options can be selected: Solid/Surface geometry: the geometry will be exported as solid and surface bodies.
What is Catproduct?
CATPRODUCT is a file extension commonly associated with CATIA V5 Assembly Format files. CATIA V5 Assembly Format format was developed by Dassault Systemes. Files with CATPRODUCT extension may be used by programs distributed for Mac OS, Windows platform.
How do I create a tool catalog in Catia?
Creating a Catalog
- From the CATIA Start menu, select Infrastructure > Catalog Editor to open the Catalog Editor workbench .
- Create a catalog from scratch using one of both methods available: Using the Catalog Editor interactive commands: Activate the chapter under which you want to create a chapter or a subchapter.
Is it possible to create a new part in assembly mode?
You can create a new part in the context of an assembly. That way you can use the geometry of other assembly components while designing the part. You can also create a new subassembly in the context of another assembly.
38 Shortcuts for CATIA V5
|Escape||Abort the current process or exit the current dialog box (when there is one)|
|F3||Structure tree out or insert (Toggle specification tree display on and off)|
|F10||Toggle Swap Visible Space|
|Shift+F1||Context assistance (Get help on toolbar icons)|
What are the constraints available for assembly?
This article describes the constraint types available in Assembly Design.
- Constraints in Assembly Design. The Fix Constraint. The Offset Constraint. The Coincidence Constraint. The Angle Constraint. The Contact Constraint.
- Constraint Types in Assembly Design.
How do I enter commands in Catia?
You are correct in that you can type in commands in that text box at the bottom left of the Catia window. By default the command has to be preceded with a “c:”. the commands that are avaiable is what pops up when you place you cursor over an icon.