How do you change the size of a part in Solidworks?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
How do I change a custom scale in Solidworks?
To set custom scales for drawing views:
- In a drawing, select an existing view or insert a new view.
- In the PropertyManager, under Scale, select Use custom scale.
- In the box, enter a scale in the format x:x or x/x . You can also click and select a predefined scale from the list.
How do you repair dimensions in SOLIDWORKS?
To set a fixed length:
- Select the spline to dimension.
- Click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart Dimensions.
- Click anywhere on the spline to place the dimension and click. …
- Drag an endpoint of the spline.
How do you change inches to mm in SOLIDWORKS?
Changing units in the SOLIDWORKS user interface could not be simpler. Go to Tools>Options>Document Properties>Units to change the units that are being used within the SOLIDWORKS design environment.
How do I resize a sketch in Solidworks?
To scale a sketch:
- In an active sketch, click Modify Sketch. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Modify.
- In the dialog box, under Scale About, select one of the following: Option. Description. Sketch origin. …
- Type a value for Factor, and press Enter. You cannot scale a sketch that has external references.
- Click Close.
Can you specify a custom material in Solidworks?
You can only add custom materials to categories within the Custom Materials library, not to the Custom Materials folder itself. To create a new category, right-click Custom Materials and click New Category. Right-click and select Paste or press Ctrl + V. Optionally, rename the material.
How do you clear a dimension in Solidworks?
To remove a dimension from a drawing: Select a dimension and press Delete. Be careful not to delete any dimension that has a reference, such as one used in a note. Search ‘Deleting Dimensions’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do I reduce the size of a dimension in Solidworks?
Scaling a Part
- In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale .
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
- Click. The geometry of the model increases or decreases in size according to the scaling factors and other options you set. The Scale feature scales only the geometry of the model.
How do I change the default Units in SOLIDWORKS 2020?
How to change default unit system in SolidWorks
- Open a new part file in SolidWorks.
- Go to options.
- Click on document properties, click on units, change the default unit system as you want, and then click OK.
- Go to the file menu and click Save As.
How do I change the default Units in SOLIDWORKS?
Setting Default Units Options
- Click Simulation > Options. …
- Under Unit system, select SI (International System of Units), English (U.S. Customary Unit System), or Metric (gravitational system of units).
- Under Units, select the desired units for Length/Displacement, Temperature, Angular velocity, and Pressure/Stress.
How do you change dimensions in SOLIDWORKS to MM?
Go to File > Properties > Document Properties. Go to Units. The OUTPUT is the unit you want in your SOLIDWORKS Composer document.