How do I change the orientation of imported and existing Solidworks?
Existing SolidWorks Part
- Rotate, Zoom, select a face and view Normal To, to get your part in the orientation you want it.
- Select the Update Standard Views.
- Select (single click) on one of the Standard Views listed in the Orientation dialog box and it will now make the Orientation you set in Step 1 to the Standard View.
How do I change the coordinate system in SolidWorks?
Moving a Coordinate System
- Click Coordinate System (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Coordinate System .
- Define the coordinate system at a location on the part or assembly that provides the entities you need to control the angle and direction of each axis.
How do I move XYZ in Solidworks?
Free Drag – Select a component and drag in any direction. Along Assembly XYZ – Select a component and drag in the X, Y, or Z direction of the assembly. The coordinate system appears in the graphics area to help orient you. To select the axis you want to drag along, click near that axis before dragging.
How do you show the coordinate system in SolidWorks?
To hide or show individual coordinate systems: Right-click the coordinate system and click Hide or Show.
Hiding and Showing Coordinate Systems
- Hide/Show Items (Heads-up View toolbar), and then View Coordinate Systems.
- View Coordinate Systems (View toolbar)
- View > Hide/Show > Coordinate Systems.