In Revit LT, click Manage tab Manage Projects panel Manage Links. In the Manage Links dialog, on the CAD Formats tab, select the linked file in the list, and click Reload. Click OK.
Link a CAD File
- Open the Revit model.
- If you want the linked file to display only in a particular view, open that view.
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Link CAD).
- In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the file to link, and select the file.
Relocate your model. In the ribbon, click Manage tab > Project Location panel > Position > Relocate Project option.
Remove the linked site file.
- In the ribbon, click the Manage tab > Manage Project panel > Manage Links.
- In the Manage Links dialog, in the Revit tab, select the linked file and click Remove.
- Click OK.
To rename a link, right-click on the link name in the main dialog and select Rename Link.
To select an individual element in the linked file, move the cursor over the element, press TAB to highlight it, and click. If the ability to select links and their elements interferes with your ability to select elements in the project, disable this option.
Causes: The CAD file has values much higher than the 20 mile limit for geometry from internal origin that was applied for Revit. The values themselves are not a problem but the CAD file has reference blocks that refer to 0,0,0 which is the cause of not displaying the CAD link.
To rotate the view, click on the view crop boundary and pick rotate, then rotate the boundry. Note that all model elements, callouts, details, dimensions will rotate but annotations will remain in the same orientation relative to your monitor.
How do you rename a file in Revit?
How to rename a Collaboration for Revit Model in Revit
- In the Manage A360 Models click on the Project you want to modify.
- In the list of files hover over the model and you will see the Action icon. …
- In the Rename dialog box enter the new model name and click the Rename button.
To select the entire linked file and all of its elements, move the cursor over the link until it is highlighted, and click. To select an individual element in the linked file, move the cursor over the element, press TAB to highlight it, and click.
- Revit models.
- CAD files.
- Point clouds.
How do I export a solid file from Revit?
Click File tab Export Options (Export Setups DWG/DXF). Select the setup to modify. Click the Solids tab.
For Export solids as, select one of the following values:
- Polymesh. Exports all visible Revit geometry as polymeshes. …
- ACIS solids. …
- AutoCAD® Architecture and AutoCAD® MEP objects.