How do I change external references in Solidworks?
Update Path for External References
- Select an update holder in the tree to highlight the corresponding sketch in the graphics area.
- Right-click an update holder and click List External Refs to lock, unlock, or break the external references.
After an assembly is open, right-clicking on a component brings up the option to replace that component. In a drawing file right-clicking on a view gives us the option to replace the model used in the view.
How do you add references in Solidworks?
To list the external references on a part or feature, right-click the part or the feature or right-click the update holder , and click External References.
How do I enable external references in Solidworks?
You can specify options to open and manage part, assembly, and drawing files that have external references. To open this dialog box: Click Options or Tools > Options and click External References.
How do you fix a broken reference in Solidworks?
Replacing Broken References
- Select a file with a broken reference.
- Click Tools > Update References . …
- Select a reference to replace and click Edit > Replace File.
- In the Replace File dialog box, browse to the file that will replace the broken reference.
- Click Open.
Breaking the Link from the Original Part File
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the inserted third-party native CAD file and click Break Link.
- In the dialog box, click one of the following: Yes, break the link (cannot be undone) . Breaks the link of the inserted part file from the original file.
How do I find references in Solidworks?
Lists files referenced by the active part, assembly, or drawing document.
Find References Dialog Box
- Click File > Find References.
- Click Copy files.
- Set options in the Pack and Go dialog box and click Save.
- Click Close.
How do you make a reference sketch in Solidworks?
This is SOLIDWORKS 2020 new functionality! Just right-click on the sketch again and select ‘Make Reference Sketch’ and the sketch is back to its no edit state. This actually works with ANY SKETCH not just imported DWG & DXF files. Just right-click on any sketch and select ‘Make Reference Sketch’.
How do I turn off external references in Solidworks?
Click Tools > Options > System Options > External References, and select Do not create references external to the model.
What are external references in Solidworks?
An external reference is created when one document is dependent on another document for its solution. If the referenced document changes, the dependent document changes also. In an assembly, you can create an in-context feature on one component that references the geometry of another component.