What are restraints in Solidworks?
Loads and restraints are applied to geometric entities as features that are fully associative to geometry and automatically adjust to geometric changes. For example, if you apply a pressure P to a face of area A 1 , the equivalent force applied to the face is PA 1 .
How do you force in Solidworks?
To apply a force:
- Click Add a force. The Force PropertyManager appears.
- In the graphics area, select the desired faces.
- Select: Normal to apply the force in the direction normal to each selected face. …
- Select the force units first, then enter the force value. …
- Click . …
- Click Next.
How can a planar face translate when using the roller sliding constraint?
Click Simulation > Loads/Fixture > Fixtures.
Applying a Restraint.
|Immovable (No translation)|
|Roller/Slider||The Roller/Sliding restraint specifies that a planar face can move freely into its plane but cannot move in the direction normal to its plane. The face can shrink or expand under loading.|
How do you apply pressure in Solidworks?
To apply a pressure:
- Click Add a pressure. The Pressure PropertyManager appears.
- In the graphics area, click the desired faces.
- Select: Normal to selected face to apply the pressure in the direction normal to each selected face. …
- Select the pressure units, then enter the pressure value. …
- Click . …
- Click Next.
How do you fix a point in Solidworks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do you do a stress analysis in Solidworks assembly?
To set up stress analysis on one or more components:
- Click Simulation Setup (MotionManager toolbar).
- In the graphics area, select a component on which to perform the stress analysis. …
- Enter the Start Time and End Time for the analysis. …
- Click Add Time. …
- Repeat Steps 3 – 4 to compute stress analysis on other time intervals.
How do I force a single point in SolidWorks?
To apply nonuniform force to an entity in a certain direction:
- In the Simulation study tree, right-click the External Loads icon and select Force. …
- Click inside the Faces, Edges, Vertices, and Reference Points for Force box , then select the entity to which the force is applied.
- Click Selected direction.
How do you calculate loading capacity in SolidWorks?
Performing Bearing Calculations
- Click Bearing Calculator (Toolbox toolbar) or Toolbox > Bearing Calculator .
- In the Bearing Calculator dialog box, select a standard, a bearing type, and an available bearing from the lists on the bottom left of the dialog box.
- Select the Units of measurement.
Which of the following would a bolt connector be useful for?
Which of the following would a Bolt Connector be useful for? To replace bolts, washers, and nuts with a Simulation defined connection to simulate actual bolts, washers, and nuts for an analysis.